Jonathan Berger advises public and private companies and private equity firms on U.S. and cross-border transactions, including acquisitions, divestitures, mergers, auctions, carve-outs, strategic investments and other corporate and commercial transactions. He also represents clients in connection with corporate governance and restructuring matters.
Selected representations include:
- Lionel Messi in his agreement to play for Major League Soccer club Inter Miami CF
- Red Hat in its $34 billion acquisition by IBM
- The PGA TOUR in the creation of EZLinks Golf Holdings, a joint venture operating TeeOff.com and the subsequent acquisition of EZLinks by NBC Sports Group, a subsidiary of Comcast
- Bruce Sherman, as lead investor of a consortium that included Derek Jeter, in the creation of the consortium and its acquisition of Major League Baseball’s Miami Marlins, after which Mr. Sherman became the chairman, principal owner and control person of the Marlins
- The PGA of America in its strategic partnership agreement with Legends, pursuant to which Legends operates on-site, online, licensing and corporate merchandising for the PGA’s spectator championships
- Fortress Value Acquisition Corp. II in its $2.5 billion business combination with ATI Physical Therapy
- Veritas Capital in a variety of transactions, including its:
- disposition of Anaren, Inc. to TTM technologies, Inc.
- disposition of StandardAero to The Carlyle Group
- S&P Global in its $975 million sale of its Engineering Solutions business to funds managed by KKR
- Clearon Corp. and its shareholder Hui Yu Xin American in Clearon’s sale to Solenis International, a portfolio company of Platinum Equity
- Zip Co Limited in its acquisition of QuadPay and its announced acquisition of Sezzle Inc.
- Nasdaq in its spin-out of its private markets trading business (NPM) and concurrent investment in NPM by a consortium of bank partners, including SVB Financial Group, Citi, Goldman Sachs and Morgan Stanley
- Trimaran Fund Management, LLC in the sale of its portfolio company ChanceLight, Inc. to The Halifax Group, LLC
- SDC Capital Partners in its sale of a significant minority stake in its portfolio company Summit Infrastructure Group, Inc. to Harrison Street
- Moody’s Corporation in its $278 million acquisition of Reis Inc.
- Citigroup / Citibank, N.A. in its carve-out sale of its fixed-income analytic and index businesses, including the Yield Book and the World Government Bond Index, to the London Stock Exchange Group
- Keurig Dr Pepper in its partnership with Adrenaline Shoc
- Citi Ventures in the formation of and investment in Ensemble Technologies
Mr. Berger also has provided pro bono legal services to nonprofit organizations, including the National Academy Foundation and the Innocence Project.