Alison Bloch represents clients in a wide range of U.S. and cross-border corporate transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, activist investor situations, joint ventures and investments. She also advises clients on securities law issues, corporate governance and other general corporate matters.
Ms. Bloch’s experience includes the representation of:
- Broadcom Inc. in its acquisition of Bay Dynamics, Inc.;
- Calera Capital in its sale of a majority stake in United Site Services, Inc. to Platinum Equity, LLC;
- Intel Corporation in its:
- $4.2 billion spin-off and joint venture with TPG Capital, L.P. to form the independent cybersecurity company McAfee;
- $1 billion sale of its smartphone modem business to Apple Inc.;
- sale of its Wind River subsidiary to TPG; and
- sale of its home gateway platform division to MaxLinear, Inc.;
- The McClatchy Company in its sale to Chatham Asset Management, LLC;
- the special committee of the board of directors of Oracle Corporation in its $9.3 billion acquisition of NetSuite Inc.;
- Permira Funds in its $1.8 billion acquisition of Duff & Phelps Corporation;
- SanDisk Corporation in its $19 billion acquisition by Western Digital Corporation;
- Silver Lake Partners in its acquisition of a majority stake in ServiceMax, Inc. from GE Digital LLC;
- Tessera Technologies, Inc. in its $850 million acquisition of DTS, Inc.;
- Xilinx, Inc. in its pending $35 billion acquisition by Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.; and
- Yahoo! Inc. in its $4.5 billion sale of its operating business to Verizon Communications Inc.
Ms. Bloch is a member of the Palo Alto office’s Hiring Committee and co-chair of the office’s Associates Committee. She also maintains an active pro bono practice and has counseled on cases involving guardianship, housing, criminal justice and asylum matters.