Samuel Cammer is a corporate attorney who advises public and private companies on mergers, acquisitions, dispositions, spin-offs, securities offerings and other corporate matters, including SEC compliance, shareholder activism and corporate governance.
Examples of Mr. Cammer’s representations include:
- Twenty-First Century Fox in its:
- $85 billion acquisition by the Walt Disney Company and the pre-merger spin-off of certain news, sports and broadcast businesses, which was named The American Lawyer’s 2019 Global M&A Deal of the Year; and
- $15 billion sale of its stake in Sky plc to Comcast Corporation;
- Red Hat in its $34 billion acquisition by IBM;
- E*TRADE in its all-stock acquisition by Morgan Stanley, which valued E*TRADE at approximately $13 billion;
- Pinnacle Entertainment in:
- the merger of Pinancle’s real estate assets with GLPI following a spin-off of Pinnacle’s operating business in a transaction with an implied enterprise value of $4.75 billion; and
- Pinnacle’s subsequent $2.8 billion acquisition by Penn National Gaming and related divestitures to Boyd Gaming;
- Lanxess AG in its $2.7 billion acquisition of Chemtura Corporation;
- Stanley Black & Decker in its acquisition of Consolidated Aerospace Manufacturing for up to $1.5 billion;
- Pamplona Capital Management and its portfolio company nThrive in connection with the carveout sale of nThrive’s technology business to Clearlake Capital;
- Apartment Investment and Management Company (an UPREIT) in its publicly announced spin-off of Apartment Income REIT, which will own an approximately $10.4 billion portfolio of apartment communities;
- Fortive Corporation in the tax-free spin-off of 80.1% of Vontier Corporation, a global industrial technology company that generated revenues of $2.77 billion in 2019;
- Trinity Industries in the tax-free spin-off of its industrial business, Arcosa;
- WhistlePig, a distiller of luxury rye whiskey, in its partnerships with BDT Capital Partners and Moët Hennessy, and its related liquidity transactions;
- Fortress Investment Group LLC in the $250 million sale of Logan Circle Partners, L.P., Fortress’ traditional fixed-income asset management business, to MetLife, Inc.;
- Mars, Incorporated in the divestiture of certain clinical veterinary assets in connection with its $9.1 billion acquisition of VCA, Inc.;
- NCR Corporation in the retirement of all Series A convertible preferred stock held by Blackstone; and
- NFP in its acquisition of Fiduciary Investment Advisors LLC (FIA) and the integration of FIA with DiMeo Schneider & Associates L.L.C. to create a unified firm that advises on approximately $200 billion of client assets.
Mr. Cammer also provides pro bono legal services to New York-based clients, including early stage nonprofits and individuals seeking asylum in the U.S.