Samuel Cammer is a corporate attorney who advises public and private companies, as well as private equity sponsors, on mergers, acquisitions, dispositions, spin-offs, securities offerings and other corporate matters, including SEC compliance, shareholder activism and corporate governance.
Examples of Mr. Cammer’s representations include:
- Twenty-First Century Fox in its:
- $85 billion acquisition by the Walt Disney Company and the $23 billion pre-merger spin-off of certain news, sports and broadcast businesses, which was named The American Lawyer’s 2019 Global M&A Deal of the Year
- $15 billion sale of its stake in Sky plc to Comcast Corporation
- Red Hat in its $34 billion acquisition by IBM
- E*TRADE in its $13 billion all-stock acquisition by Morgan Stanley
- DuPont in its $11 billion sale of a majority of its Mobility & Materials segment to Celanese Corporation
- Entegris in its (i) $6.5 billion cash and stock acquisition of CMC Materials and (ii) announced sale of its electronic chemicals business to Fujifilm for $700 million
- Veoneer, Inc. in its $4.5 billion acquisition by Qualcomm Incorporated and SSW Partners following the termination of Veoneer’s previously announced $3.8 billion acquisition by Magna International Inc.
- Iora Health, Inc. in its $2.1 billion all-stock acquisition by 1Life Healthcare, Inc.
- Pinnacle Entertainment in:
- the merger of Pinnacle’s real estate assets with GLPI following a spin-off of Pinnacle’s operating business in a transaction with an implied enterprise value of $4.75 billion; and
- Pinnacle’s subsequent $2.8 billion acquisition by Penn National Gaming and related divestitures to Boyd Gaming
- Lanxess AG in its $2.7 billion acquisition of Chemtura Corporation
- Stanley Black & Decker in its acquisition of Consolidated Aerospace Manufacturing for up to $1.5 billion
- Castik Capital in the combination of its portfolio company Waterlogic Group Holdings with Culligan International, a BDT Capital portfolio company
- Pamplona Capital Management and its portfolio company nThrive in connection with the carveout sale of nThrive’s technology business to Clearlake Capital
- HPS Investment Partners in its $300 million acquisition of Marlin Business Services Corp.
- Apartment Investment and Management Company (an UPREIT) in its spin-off of Apartment Income REIT, which will own an approximately $10.4 billion portfolio of apartment communities
- Fortive Corporation in the tax-free spin-off of 80.1% of Vontier Corporation, a global industrial technology company that generated revenues of $2.77 billion in 2019
- Trinity Industries in the tax-free spin-off of its industrial business, Arcosa
- WhistlePig, a distiller of luxury rye whiskey, in its partnerships with BDT Capital Partners and Moët Hennessy, and its related liquidity transactions
- Fortress Investment Group LLC in the $250 million sale of Logan Circle Partners, L.P., Fortress’ traditional fixed-income asset management business, to MetLife, Inc.
Mr. Cammer also provides pro bono legal services to New York-based clients, including early stage nonprofits and individuals seeking asylum in the U.S.
- J.D., Fordham University School of Law, 2015 (magna cum laude)
- B.A., Emory University, 2012 (Highest Honors)
- New York