Joseph Casey focuses on mergers and acquisitions and other corporate transactions. He has represented strategic and financial clients in a variety of U.S. and cross-border transactions, including mergers, acquisitions, dispositions and joint ventures. Mr. Casey also has represented issuers in connection with initial public offerings in the United States and in Hong Kong and regularly advises clients on corporate governance, other general corporate matters and SEC reporting obligations, including reviewing Exchange Act reports.
Notable transactions in which Mr. Casey has been involved include representing:
- Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. in its $14.3 billion acquisition by affiliates of Digital Colony Partners and the EQT Infrastructure IV fund, the largest media and communications leveraged buyout since the 2008 financial crisis;
- Intel Corporation in its $15.3 billion acquisition of Mobileye, N.V. and the sale of its 5G smartphone modem business to Apple, Inc. for $1 billion;
- PayPal, Inc. in its $4 billion acquisition of Honey Science Corporation;
- Crescent Acquisition Corp., a special purpose acquisition company, in its pending business combination with F45 Training Holding Inc., a global fitness franchisor, to form a combined company with an estimated enterprise value of $845 million;
- Lattice Semiconductor Corporation in its $1.3 billion acquisition by Canyon Bridge Capital Partners Inc. and $600 million acquisition of Silicon Image, Inc.;
- WL Ross Holding Corp. in its $1.6 billion acquisition of Nexeo Solutions Holdings, LLC;
- PMC-Sierra, Inc. in its $2.5 billion acquisition by Microsemi Corporation;
- Cavium, Inc. in its $6 billion acquisition by Marvell Technology Group Ltd.;
- Yahoo! Inc. in the $4.5 billion sale of its operating business to Verizon Communications Inc.;
- Flex Ltd. in the $273 million sale of the China-based operations of its subsidiary Multek Corporation to Multi-Fineline Electronix, Inc.;
- Core Specialty Insurance Holdings, Inc. in its pending acquisition of StarStone U.S. Holdings, Inc. from Enstar Group Limited, and its initial formation and $610 million capital raise;
- Ctrip.com International Ltd. in several strategic investments; and
- ZhongAn Online P&C Insurance Co., Ltd. in its subsidiary ZhongAn International’s joint venture with SoftBank Vision Fund.
Mr. Casey speaks and reads Mandarin and has spent time in the firm’s Hong Kong office. Prior to law school, Mr. Casey lived in China for over seven years, where his last position was as a global security manager for Apple, where his responsibilities included managing trademark investigations and enforcement actions, as well as consumer product and other investigations.