Sean Coburn is a corporate attorney who advises public and private companies and private equity firms on mergers, acquisitions, dispositions, corporate governance, joint ventures, spin-offs and securities offerings. He counsels companies in a variety of industries, with an emphasis on entertainment and technology.
Notable representations include:
- IFF in the pending $810 million sale of its cosmetic ingredients business unit to Clariant
- Rosecliff Acquisition I in its $170 million merger with Spectral MD
- Mars, Incorporated in its acquisition of Heska Corporation
- Elon Musk in his $44 billion acquisition of Twitter
- Chardan Capital Markets in connection with its roles as sponsor, financial advisor and capital markets advisor in multiple recent de-SPAC transactions
- Chardan NexTech 2 in its $500 million merger with energy storage company Dragonfly Energy Corp.
- Lecoq Cuisine in its acquisition by Groupe Le Duff
- Reinvent Technology Partners Y in its $11 billion merger with self-driving company Aurora
- Reinvent Technology Partners in its $6.6 billion merger with all-electric aircraft company Joby Aviation
- Social Capital Hedosophia V in its $6.6 billion merger with online personal finance company Social Finance, Inc.
- Social Capital Hedosophia II in its $5 billion merger with online home seller Opendoor Labs Inc.
- Bank of America as lender in a 3.6 billion Indian rupee local-currency revolving credit facility provided to Fourth Partner Energy, one of India’s largest distributed solar companies
- Social Capital Hedosophia in its $1.5 billion merger with spaceflight company Virgin Galactic, LLC
- Spotify in its acquisitions of Gimlet Media and Anchor FM
- Red Hat in its $34 billion acquisition by IBM