Nicholas Colombo is a corporate attorney focusing on mergers and acquisitions, private equity, corporate governance, securities and general corporate law matters.
Mr. Colombo is a corporate attorney focusing on mergers and acquisitions, private equity, corporate governance, securities and general corporate law matters. Mr. Colombo regularly advises public and private companies, private equity firms and investment banks in a variety of corporate matters, including mergers, acquisitions, dispositions and financial advisor engagements. He has significant experience in business separations, spin-offs, and the acquisition and disposition of startups.
Examples of his representations include:
- Twenty-First Century Fox in its $71.3 billion acquisition by the Walt Disney Company and the premerger spin-off of certain news, sports and broadcast businesses;
- Google in a variety of transactions, including its $625 million acquisition of Apigee, a software company specializing in application programming interfaces;
- Bai Brands LLC in its $1.7 billion acquisition by Dr Pepper Snapple Group, Inc.;
- The Sage Group plc in its acquisition of Intacct Corporation;
- York Capital Management in its sale of The Bay Club Company to KKR; and
- DuPont in its:
- $45.4 billion merger of its Nutrition & Biosciences business with International Flavors and Fragrances Inc. in a reverse Morris trust transaction; and
- tax-free spin-off of its global performance chemicals business into a separate public company named Chemours.
Mr. Colombo is actively involved in Skadden’s recruiting and corporate training programs. He serves on the firm’s Summer Associate Committee.
- J.D., Fordham University School of Law, 2014 (summa cum laude; Member, Fordham Law Review)
- B.A., Fordham University, 2009
- New York