Kate Crompton represents companies throughout the corporate lifecycle, from FTSE 100-listed entities, to private equity-backed companies and startups, in all aspects of equity incentive matters. Ms. Crompton’s practice includes advising on the design, implementation and operation of share incentive plans, related tax issues and the impact of corporate transactions on those arrangements, as well as on establishing and operating employee benefit trusts. She has worked with several companies to complete these arrangements on a global basis. In addition, she advises on directors’ remuneration and directors’ reporting requirements, as well as related corporate governance matters and regulatory compliance.
Ms. Crompton’s experience includes advising:
- Odyssey Acquisition S.A. on its US$1.7 billion merger with BenevolentAI. As a result of the merger, BenevolentAI became a publicly traded company. This is Europe’s largest-ever de-SPAC transaction;
- Spotify Technology S.A. on its acquisition of Sonantic Limited;
- Convera in connection with the US$910 million acquisition of Western Union Business Solutions;
- SP Plus Corporation on its acquisition of K M P Associates Limited; and
- a consortium including The Travelers Companies, Inc., Capital Z Partners Management, LLC and Further Global Capital Management, L.P. as lead equity investors in Fidelis Insurance Holdings Limited’s newly created US$3 billion premium Managing General Underwriter (MGU) and the MGU’s separation from Fidelis’ existing balance sheet companies