Lilybelle Davis advises strategic and financial buyers and sellers in connection with mergers, acquisitions, spin-off and other corporate matters, including the formation of joint ventures and strategic partnerships. Her practice also includes counseling on corporate governance, private equity and securities law matters.
Ms. Davis has experience representing clients in a variety of industries on a wide range of transactions, including:
- E*TRADE in its $13 billion all-stock acquisition by Morgan Stanley;
- Castik Capital in the combination of its portfolio company Waterlogic Group Holdings with Culligan International, a BDT Capital portfolio company;
- eToro Group Ltd. in its pending business combination with FinTech Acquisition Corp. V;
- JPMorgan Chase in the sale of its blockchain platform Quorum to, and concurrent strategic investment in, ConsenSys Software;
- The Blackstone Group in its sale of Exeter Finance to an investor group led by Warburg Pincus;
- Pine Brook Capital Partners in its investment in Better Mortgage and investment in Fair Square Financial Holdings LLC;
- Sierra7 in its acquisition of HMS Technologies; and
- Fortress Investment Group LLC in a variety of corporate matters.
Ms. Davis is on the steering committee for Skadden’s New York Black Lawyer affinity group. She also serves on the firm’s Diversity Committee. Ms. Davis provides pro bono legal services to New York-based clients, including early stage nonprofits and individuals seeking asylum or citizenship in the U.S.
- J.D., Columbia Law School, 2018 (Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar; Columbia Science and Technology Law Review)
- B.A., University of Maryland, 2015 (cum laude)
- New York
- Law Clerk, Hon. Joseph R. Slights III, Delaware Court of Chancery, 2018-19