Rahul Desai focuses his practice on international M&A and equity and debt capital markets transactions.
Mr. Desai’s significant experience includes advising:
- Zuber and Mohsin Issa, owners of EG Group, and TDR Capital LLP in their acquisition of a majority stake in ASDA Group Limited from Walmart Inc.;
- Israel Corporation Ltd. in its spin-off of Kenon Holdings Ltd. into a separate, publicly traded company;
- Kenon Holdings Ltd. in its US$1.2 billion sale of IC Power Ltd.’s Latin American and Caribbean businesses to I Squared Capital Advisors, LLC;
- IC Power Ltd. in its proposed initial public offering of ordinary shares and listing on the New York Stock Exchange;
- Nasdaq, Inc. in its proposed US$795 million bid for Oslo Børs VPS Holding ASA;
- Motion Picture Licensing Corporation in its sale to Tenzing Private Equity;
- TDR Capital LLP and Retirement Advantage in the sale of the MGM group of companies to Canada Life;
- Roust Trading Limited, the ultimate shareholder of Russian Standard Bank, in a U.K. court-sanctioned scheme of arrangement to restructure two series of Eurobonds in the amount of US$550 million;
- Momo Inc., backed by Alibaba Group Holding Limited, in its US$650 million Rule 144A/ Regulation S offering of convertible senior notes due 2025;
- Nufarm Limited in its US$475 million Rule 144A/Regulation S high-yield offering;
- Torm A/S, a shipping company in Denmark, in its US$1.4 billion financial restructuring. Torm reduced its debt from US$1.4 billion to US$561 million, and Oaktree Capital Management, L.P. contributed a number of vessels to the restructured Torm entity in return for an equity interest;
- Parrot S.A. in its €300 million rights issue, with anchor investments from IDG Capital Partners, a venture capital fund based in China and California, and BPI France SA, a French sovereign fund;
- Coty, Inc. in its acquisition of Beamly; and
- TMF Group Holding B.V. in connection with high-yield bond offerings.