Kristin Ellsworth advises public and private companies, private equity funds and their portfolio companies, family businesses and individuals in corporate and securities matters, with an emphasis on U.S. and cross-border mergers and acquisitions and the formation of joint ventures and strategic partnerships. Her practice also includes corporate governance issues, SEC reporting and compliance, and responses to shareholder activism.
Recent notable transactions include:
- Entertainment Partners, a leading Hollywood payroll company and owner of Central Casting, in its acquisition by TPG Capital, L.P.;
- beIN Media Group, a global sports and entertainment network, in its pending sale of a 49% stake in Miramax Pictures to ViacomCBS;
- Esterline Technologies Corporation, a global aerospace and defense product manufacturer, in its $4 billion acquisition by TransDigm Group Inc.;
- Two Roads Hospitality, a hotel and resort collective, in its $480 million acquisition by Hyatt Hotels;
- AdvancePierre Foods, a leading national ready-to-eat foods company, in its $4.2 billion acquisition by Tyson Foods;
- ReadyPac Foods, a national prepackaged salad and snack company, and its majority stockholder, H.I.G. Bayside, in the acquisition of ReadyPac by Bonduelle, SAS;
- the majority shareholder of Learning Tree International, an IT training company, in a privately negotiated sale;
- EMCORE Corporation, a leading fiber optic cable company, in its $45 million modified dutch auction tender offer for its common stock;
- Tuesday Morning Corporation, in its response to, and subsequent settlement of, a proxy contest; and
- Maxwell Technologies, in its response to, and settlement with, activist shareholders.
Ms. Ellsworth also regularly advises nonprofit clients pro bono. She is the Los Angeles office’s coordinator for participation in National Adoption Day, a program that assists families adopting children out of the Los Angeles foster care system.