Mr. Embley has advised on numerous high-profile and complex M&A transactions, for which he has a demonstrable track record of delivering successful outcomes.
Mr. Embley’s practice focuses on a wide range of clients, including international corporations and financial sponsors. Prior to joining Skadden, Mr. Embley advised on AB InBev’s US$103 billion combination with SABMiller, which was the largest-ever cash offer worldwide and the largest U.K. M&A deal; the first U.S./U.K. dual-listed company merger; the first public takeover in the United Arab Emirates; and the largest announced M&A transaction in Africa.
Other matters on which he advised shortly prior to joining Skadden include:
- Tilney (a Permira portfolio company) in its £1.8 billion merger with Smith & Williamson;
- TPG in its investment in Norwegian software developer Visma, valuing the company at US$12.2 billion;
- AB InBev on the US$11 billion disposal of its Australian business to Asahi;
- Warburg Pincus in its investment in the US$3.3 billion consortium offer for U.K.-listed company Inmarsat;
- General Dynamics on the disposal of SATCOM Technologies to CPI;
- QIA in the merger of Harrods bank with Tandem to create a leading challenger bank;
- MTN in the disposal of its Cyprus business to Monaco Telecom SA for US$304 million; and
- Absa in its separation and regulatory deconsolidation from Barclays, to create a standalone leading African bank.
Mr. Embley’s transactional work has been featured in numerous media outlets, including Bloomberg, the Financial Times, the Times and the Telegraph, and he is frequently cited by legal directories as a leading M&A lawyer, including Chambers UK, Chambers Global, The Legal 500, IFLR1000 and Who’s Who Legal.