Oyere Etta represents individuals and companies in U.S. and cross-border investigations and interactions with regulators on matters related to bribery and corruption, money laundering, financial fraud and violations of economic sanctions.
Ms. Etta has extensive experience representing clients from a variety of industries in cases brought by the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ), the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and state attorneys general. She has conducted numerous internal investigations and regularly advises clients on compliance and training programs. In addition, she handles due diligence work in the context of corporate transactions.
Ms. Etta’s representations have included:
- multinational companies, including in the pharmaceutical and insurance industries, in internal investigations related to employee misconduct and financial fraud
- a fintech company in an investigation into internal malfeasance and misappropriation of assets
- a multinational tech services company in an investigation into concerns of accounting fraud and in responses to SEC inquiries
- a financial institution in a DOJ anti-money laundering investigation related to a FIFA corruption scandal
- a financial institution in a multiagency anti-money laundering investigation related to an international money laundering case