Ataefiok Etukeren concentrates his practice in the areas of mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance, and general corporate and securities matters.
Mr. Etukeren’s representative experience includes advising, among others:
- Infrastructure Investments Fund on:
- its $4.3 billion acquisition of El Paso Electric Company; and
- its acquisition of South Jersey Industries, Inc. at an enterprise value of $8.1 billion;
- Gannett Co., Inc. on its $1.4 billion acquisition by New Media Investment Group Inc.;
- The AES Corporation (AES) on its agreement with Alberta Investment Management Corporation (AIMCo) to combine the development platform of sPower, an independent U.S. solar developer co-owned by AES and AIMCo, with AES’ U.S.-based clean energy development business;
- First Solar, Inc. on its sale of its U.S.-based utility-scale solar project platform to Leeward Renewable Energy Development, LLC, a portfolio company of OMERS Infrastructure Management Inc.;
- Advantest Corporation on its partnership with PDF Solutions, Inc.;
- carsales.com Ltd. on its acquisition of a 49% interest in Trader Interactive;
- Cava Group, Inc. on its Series F funding round, which was led by T. Rowe Price Group; and
- E*TRADE Financial Corporate Services, Inc. on its acquisition of Gradifi, Inc.
In the areas of general corporate and securities matters, Mr. Etukeren advises clients on securities law compliance, corporate governance matters, disclosure issues and matters concerning annual meetings and proxy statements.
Prior to starting his legal career, he worked at Mercer, a subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies, Inc., as a consultant advising clients on health and benefits matters.