Gregory A. Fernicola
Mr. Fernicola represents issuers, investors and banks in a variety of domestic and cross-border financing matters, including investment-grade and high-yield debt financings, equity and equity derivative product financings, hybrid securities transactions, leveraged buyouts, exchange offers and debt restructurings, recapitalizations and spin-offs. Mr. Fernicola also counsels corporate clients on a regular basis with respect to corporate governance and securities law matters.
Mr. Fernicola has been active in developing innovative financial products. In addition to handling many private and public equity and debt financings, he has worked on many exotic financing structures, including equity unit, trust preferred, capital securities, regulatory capital instruments and hybrid securities.
Mr. Fernicola has been repeatedly selected for inclusion in Chambers Global: The World’s Leading Lawyers for Business, Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business and The Best Lawyers in America. He also has been a recipient of the Burton Award for Distinguished Legal Writing and has been selected as a BTI Client Service All-Star by The BTI Consulting Group for providing outstanding client service. Mr. Fernicola also has previously been named Best Lawyers’ New York City Securities/Capital Markets Lawyer of the Year and New York City Securities Regulation Lawyer of the Year. In addition, he is recognized as one of the world’s leading capital markets lawyers in the International Financial Law Review’s Expert Guide and IFLR1000.
- J.D., Georgetown University, 1985 (cum laude)
- M.B.A., Rutgers University, 1980
- B.S., St. Francis University, 1978
- New York
- New Jersey
- Association of the Bar of the City of New York, Financial Reporting Committee
- TriBar Opinion Committee
- American Bar Association, Legal Opinions Committee
- American Bar Association, Subcommittee on Securities Law Opinions
- Board of Regents, Georgetown University
- Board of Trustees, Summit Area YMCA
- Certified Public Accountant, New York, 1981