Keema Givens represents public and private companies in U.S. and cross-border transactions, including mergers, acquisitions and other complex strategic matters. She regularly advises clients on a range of issues involving corporate governance and securities laws, as well as other general corporate and contractual matters.
Ms. Givens’ representations have included, among others:
- Amicus Therapeutics, Inc. in ARYA Sciences Acquisition Corp IV’s acquisition of Amicus’ gene therapy business
- carsales.com Ltd, as co-counsel, in its $624 million acquisition of a 49% stake in Trader Interactive
- Centene Corporation in its:
- acquisition of Apixio, Inc.
- acquisition of Magellan Health, Inc. at an enterprise value of $2.2 billion
- Intel Corporation in its acquisition of Granulate Cloud Solutions Ltd.
- PPL Corporation in its:
- $10.8 billion sale of Western Power Distribution Plc to National Grid plc
- $3.8 billion acquisition of The Narragansett Electric Company from National Grid
- Western Digital Corporation in connection with its decision to split the company
Ms. Givens also has an active pro bono practice and regularly collaborates with subject matter experts to advise nonprofit entities on a variety of issues involving corporate and contractual matters. In this capacity, she has counseled on formation, mission development and corporate governance; mergers, acquisitions and other strategic transactions; corporate reorganizations, internal restructurings and related party transactions; and formation and operation of venture capital funds, venture builders, incubators and accelerators. In addition, Ms. Givens has advised pro bono clients on debt, equity and hybrid investments; grants and stock donations; fiscal sponsorships and strategic partnerships; income-contingent and long-term equity capital funding solutions for students and nonprofits; and tax exemption application and compliance matters.
Ms. Givens is a member of Skadden’s Black Lawyers for Diversity and First Gen affinity networks, and also serves on the Palo Alto office’s Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Committee. In addition, she is the founder and CEO of Keynote Society LLC, which supports Black entrepreneurs and creatives.