Dmitriy Godunov advises public and private clients in connection with various U.S. and cross-border corporate transactions, including mergers, acquisitions, dispositions, special purpose acquisition companies (SPACs), joint ventures, carveouts, recapitalizations and reorganizations. Mr. Godunov has represented numerous clients on a wide array of corporate law matters, including corporate governance, SEC disclosure, securities law, shareholder activism and takeover preparedness.
Mr. Godunov’s selected representations include:
- DuPont in its:
- $11 billion sale of a majority of its Mobility & Materials segment to Celanese Corporation; and
- $2.3 billion acquisition of Laird Performance Materials from Advent International Corporation;
- NextGen Acquisition Corporation in its $2 billion business combination with Xos, Inc.;
- NextGen Acquisition Corporation II in its $3.2 billion business combination with Virgin Orbit;
- Honeywell International Inc. in its $1.3 billion acquisition of Sparta Systems, Inc. from New Mountain Capital;
- HC2 Holdings, Inc. in its $65 million rights offering;
- CPI International, Inc. in its:
- acquisition of SATCOM Technologies, the antenna systems business of General Dynamics Mission Systems; and
- disposition of CPI ASC Signal Division, Inc. to Kratos Defense & Security Solutions, Inc.;
- Wendel SE in its $910 million acquisition of Crisis Prevention Institute from FFL Partners, LLC;
- American International Group, Inc. in its acquisition of Glatfelter Insurance Group; and
- Stone Point Capital LLC in its $2.7 billion going-private acquisition of AmTrust Financial Services, Inc., together with the Karfunkel and Zyskind families.
Mr. Godunov also provides pro bono legal services to New York-based clients, including early stage nonprofits and individuals seeking citizenship in the U.S.
- J.D., Brooklyn Law School, 2017 (summa cum laude)
- B.B.A. in Finance, Baruch College, 2014 (cum laude)
- New York