Robert C. Goldstein represents issuers and investment banks in connection with a wide variety of public and private financings, including high-yield and investment grade debt financings, as well as initial public offerings (IPOs) and secondary offerings. He also has experience in liability management transactions, including out-of-court and in-court restructurings, tender offers, exchange offers and consent solicitations, and advises corporate clients with respect to corporate governance matters and securities law compliance. Prior to joining Skadden, Mr. Goldstein was a capital markets and securities attorney in the New York office of another international law firm.
Selected representations include:
- Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers Incorporated in its $758.5 million acquisition of IronPlanet Holdings, Inc., including its related $500 million senior notes offering;
- Pinnacle Entertainment, Inc. in its $375 million senior notes offering in connection with its spin-off from substantially all of the real estate assets of the entity formerly known as Pinnacle Entertainment, Inc.;
- Westfield Group in its £800 million senior notes offering in two tranches and in its $500 million senior notes offering;
- Steelcase Inc. in its $450 million senior notes offering;
- Hanmi Financial Corporation, the parent company of Hanmi Bank, in its $100 million fixed-to-floating rate subordinated notes offering;
- over 25 special purposes acquisition company (SPAC) IPOs, including Social Capital Hedosophia Corp., GS Acquisition Holdings Corp, CF Corporation, Silver Spike Acquisition Corp. and Saban Capital Acquisition Corp., as well as numerous SPAC business combinations;
- Nine Point Energy (formerly Triangle USA Petroleum Corporation) in its rights offering and other corporate aspects of its restructuring;
- Atlas Resource Partners, L.P. in the corporate finance aspects of its prepackaged Chapter 11 plan of reorganization, one of the first Chapter 11 reorganizations of a master limited partnership;
- a Silver Point Capital/Oaktree Capital Management consortium in the restructuring of its investment in Studio City, a multibillion-dollar casino resort development project in Macau;
- the special committee of the board of directors of AMC Entertainment in connection with Silver Lake Partners’ $600 million investment in AMC; and
- the underwriters in multiple debt and equity offerings by Public Storage, Inc. and American Homes 4 Rent, including each of their inaugural public debt offerings.