Milli Kanani Hansen represents a variety of clients in complex civil and multidistrict litigation in federal and state courts across the country. She also represents corporations and individuals in government enforcement matters.
Ms. Hansen has represented pharmaceutical, medical device and other consumer product manufacturers facing purported class actions at both the trial and appellate levels. Among other things, she has drafted motions on dispositive issues, class certification and discovery disputes. Ms. Hansen also has been responsible for fact development, including conducting preliminary factual investigations and assisting in all aspects of the discovery process.
In addition, Ms. Hansen has represented corporations and corporate employees in internal investigations and in government enforcement actions brought by the Department of Justice, Securities and Exchange Commission and other regulatory bodies.
Representative matters in which Ms. Hansen has been involved include:
- representation of a manufacturer of building products in multiple purported consumer class actions;
- defense of a pharmaceutical company in state attorneys general enforcement actions and consumer class actions;
- representation of a professional sports league in connection with personal injury claims brought by former and current athletes;
- defense of a medical device manufacturer in multidistrict and state court litigation;
- defense of a former senior executive at a multinational corporation in connection with charges brought under the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act;
- representation of a hedge fund in connection with an inquiry by the Securities and Exchange Commission related to purported trading violations; and
- representation of corporate employees in connection with parallel civil and criminal investigations initiated by the Department of Justice.
Ms. Hansen also is committed to providing pro bono assistance to indigent individuals. She has assisted a victim of domestic violence seeking child custody, represented a 4-year-old child as a guardian ad litem in a custody dispute and served as counsel for a group of tenants seeking abatement of housing code violations.