Scott Hopkins leads Skadden’s U.K. public M&A practice in London and is co-head of the London M&A group, advising on complex cross-border mergers and acquisitions and corporate matters. Mr. Hopkins also has extensive experience advising companies on a broad range of corporate governance matters and legal and regulatory responsibilities, including contentious public meetings, disclosure, directors’ duties, and individual director liability and protection.
- College of Law, London, 1998 (Postgraduate Diploma in Legal Practice)
- B.A., University of London, School of Oriental and African Studies (honours), 1996
- Toyo University, Tokyo, 1986-1988
- Japanese Ambassador’s Commendation 2018
- Solicitor, England & Wales
- Member, Takeovers Subcommittee, The City of London Law Society
- Adviser, Investor Forum and Impact Investing Institute
- Co-Chair, British Japanese Law Assn.
- Lecturer, International M&A and Corporate Governance, BPP Law School and Said Business School, Oxford University