Scott Hopkins advises on complex cross-border mergers and acquisitions and corporate matters. He also has extensive experience advising companies on a broad range of corporate governance matters and legal and regulatory responsibilities, including contentious public meetings, disclosure, directors’ duties, and individual director liability and protection.
- Postgraduate Diploma In Legal Practice, The College of Law, 1998
- B.A., University of London, School of Oriental and African Studies (honours), 1996
- Toyo University, Tokyo, 1986-1988
- Japanese Ambassador’s Commendation 2018 and 2019
- Solicitor, England & Wales
- Co-Chair Professional Services Group of the Japanese Chamber of Commerce and Industry in the U.K.
- Member, Takeovers Subcommittee, The City of London Law Society
- Adviser, Investor Forum and Impact Investing Institute
- Co-Chair, British Japanese Law Association
- Lecturer, International M&A and Corporate Governance, BPP Law School and Said Business School, Oxford University
Scott C. Hopkins
Partner, Mergers and Acquisitions; Corporate Governancescott.firstname.lastname@example.org