Nicole Howell advises strategic and financial buyers and sellers in connection with domestic and cross-border mergers and acquisitions and the formation of joint ventures and strategic partnerships. Her practice also includes corporate governance, private equity and securities law matters.
Ms. Howell has recent experience in a wide range of transactions in a variety of industries, including:
- Saban Capital Acquisition Corp., a special purpose acquisition company, in its proposed acquisition of Panavision Inc. and Sim Video International Inc.;
- TiVo Inc. in its merger with Rovi Corporation;
- Total Produce plc in its acquisition of a significant stake in Dole Food Company;
- Hulu, LLC in its sale of a minority stake to Time Warner Inc.;
- a private equity firm in its acquisition of a significant equity stake in a top Hollywood talent manager;
- Marvel co-founder David Maisel in the formation of Mythos Studios, a joint venture with Scooter Braun;
- Quixote Studios in general corporate matters;
- Brillstein Entertainment Partners in general corporate matters;
- a data analytics company in its acquisition of a publisher of vehicle pricing data;
- Trustbridge Partners in its acquisition of Holiday House;
- Loar Group Inc. in a follow-on acquisition of an aerospace machining company;
- TravelCenters of America LLC in an underwritten public offering of senior notes; and
- O’Reilly Automotive in an underwritten public offering of senior notes.
Prior to joining Skadden, Ms. Howell represented buyers and sellers in various transactions, including several representing funds affiliated with a leading private equity firm.
Ms. Howell is a pro bono coordinator in Skadden’s Los Angeles office and regularly advises nonprofit clients. She received the 2018 Pro Bono Award from UCLA School of Law for her substantial contributions to public interest work through pro bono legal services. She also serves on Skadden’s Los Angeles office recruiting committee.