Nicole Howell advises strategic and financial buyers and sellers in connection with domestic and cross-border mergers and acquisitions and the formation of joint ventures and strategic partnerships. Her practice also includes corporate governance, private equity and securities law matters.
Ms. Howell has recent experience in a wide range of transactions in a variety of industries, including:
- Caesars Entertainment Corporation in its acquisition by Eldorado Resorts, Inc. for $17.3 billion;
- Total Produce plc in its proposed combination with Dole Food Company under a newly created, U.S.-listed company, and its initial acquisition of a 45% stake in Dole;
- E. & J. Gallo Winery in its acquisition of a portfolio of wine and spirits assets from Constellation Brands, Inc., and related transactions;
- Saban Capital Acquisition Corp., a special purpose acquisition company, in its proposed but terminated acquisition of Panavision Inc. and Sim Video International Inc.;
- TiVo Inc. in its merger with Rovi Corporation;
- Hulu, LLC in its sale of a minority stake to Time Warner Inc.;
- The Carlyle Group in its investments in Ithaca Holdings, which represents talent such as Ariana Grande and Justin Bieber, including in connection with Ithaca’s acquisition of Big Machine Label Group and Ithaca’s proposed sale to HYBE, which represents K-pop group BTS;
- the majority owners of a leading packaging business in connection with the sale of their interests to the minority owner;
- a Nasdaq-listed consumer products company in connection with its comprehensive recapitalization, including related governance matters;
- Noble Corporation plc in connection with certain corporate aspects of its Chapter 11 reorganization;
- Marvel co-founder David Maisel in the formation of Mythos Studios, a joint venture with Scooter Braun;
- Quixote Studios in general corporate matters;
- Brillstein Entertainment Partners in general corporate matters;
- a data analytics company in its acquisition of a publisher of vehicle pricing data;
- Trustbridge Partners in its acquisition of Holiday House;
- Loar Group Inc. in a follow-on acquisition of an aerospace machining company;
- TravelCenters of America LLC in an underwritten public offering of senior notes; and
- O’Reilly Automotive in an underwritten public offering of senior notes.
Prior to joining Skadden, Ms. Howell represented buyers and sellers in various transactions, including several representing funds affiliated with a leading private equity firm.
Ms. Howell is a pro bono coordinator in Skadden’s Los Angeles office and regularly advises nonprofit clients. She received the 2018 Pro Bono Award from UCLA School of Law for her substantial contributions to public interest work through pro bono legal services. She also serves on Skadden’s Los Angeles office recruiting committee.