Pippa Hyde’s practice focuses on multinational investigations, representing individuals and companies in white collar criminal defense and civil and regulatory investigations. Her experience includes advising clients on allegations of corrupt practices, financial fraud, violations of economic sanctions and insider trading.
Ms. Hyde has significant experience representing clients from a variety of industries in cases brought by the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ), the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC). She has conducted numerous internal investigations and also advises clients on insider trading compliance and training programs. Ms. Hyde also has a strong understanding of the new technologies impacting the financial services industry, including blockchain-based digital assets, decentralized finance and Web3.
Ms. Hyde’s representations have included:
- a fintech company in an investigation into internal malfeasance and misappropriation of assets;
- a financial institution in a multiagency anti-money laundering investigation related to an international money laundering case;
- an executive at a multinational bank in DOJ and SEC investigations related to a Brazilian corruption case;
- a senior executive of a public company in an FCPA prosecution and related investigation by the U.K.’s Serious Fraud Office;
- a multinational bank in connection with a CFTC investigation and Dodd-Frank Act compliance;
- a private investment fund in a CFTC investigation related to futures trading;
- a financial institution in a DOJ anti-money laundering investigation related to a FIFA corruption case;
- a financial institution in DOJ and SEC investigations related to trading in residential mortgage-backed securities and other fixed income instruments; and
- multinational companies, including in the pharmaceuticals and insurance industries, in internal investigations related to employee misconduct and financial fraud.
Qualified in both the U.K. and U.S., Ms. Hyde worked at a Magic Circle law firm in London prior to joining Skadden’s New York office. After several years in New York, Ms. Hyde returned to the U.K. to join the firm’s London office in 2019.
- LL.M., Columbia Law School, 2016
- Legal Practice Course, BPP University, 2011
- G.D.L., BPP Law School, 2010
- B.A., Durham University, 2009
- England & Wales
- New York