Pippa Hyde’s practice focuses on multinational investigations, representing individuals and companies in white collar criminal defense and civil and regulatory investigations. Her experience includes advising clients on allegations of corrupt practices, financial fraud, violations of economic sanctions and insider trading.
Ms. Hyde has significant experience representing clients from a variety of industries in cases brought by the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ), the Securities Exchange Commission (SEC) and the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC). She has conducted numerous internal investigations and also advises clients on insider trading compliance and training programs.
Ms. Hyde’s representations have included:
a financial institution in a multiagency anti-money laundering investigation related to an international money laundering scandal;
- an executive at a multinational bank in DOJ and SEC investigations related to a Brazilian corruption scandal;
- a senior executive of a public company in an FCPA prosecution and related investigation by the U.K’s Serious Fraud Office;
- a multinational bank in connection with a CFTC investigation and Dodd-Frank Act compliance;
- a private investment fund in a CFTC investigation related to futures trading;
- a financial institution in a DOJ anti-money laundering investigation related to a FIFA corruption scandal;
- a financial institution in DOJ and SEC investigations related to trading in residential mortgage-backed securities and other fixed income instruments; and
- multinational firms in internal investigations related to misconduct and financial fraud.
Qualified in both the U.K. and U.S., Ms. Hyde worked at a Magic Circle law firm in London prior to joining Skadden’s New York office. After several years in New York, Ms. Hyde returned to the U.K. to join the firm’s London office in 2019.