Peter Jones represents clients across a range of corporate transactions, with a particular focus on private equity, financial sponsors and high-growth and established technology clients.
Mr. Jones’s representations prior to and since joining Skadden include:
- GIC in its pending $14 billion acquisition of STORE Capital Corporation, alongside Oak Street
- Adeia Inc. (formerly Xperi Holding Corporation) in the spin-off of its product business into an independent public company called Xperi Inc.
- Elon Musk in his $44 billion acquisition of Twitter, Inc.
- HPS Investment Partners in its investment in Authentic Brands Group at a valuation of $12.7 billion
- Proofpoint in its $12.3 billion sale to Thoma Bravo
- Livongo in its $18.5 billion acquisition by Teladoc Health
- SK Hynix in its $9 billion acquisition of Intel’s memory business
- Hg in a number of matters, including:
- the investment made in Intelerad by TA Associates
- its further investment in Lyniate alongside other institutional clients of Hg
- its acquisition of Riskalyze, Inc.
- its investment in Managed Markets Insight & Technology, LLC
- the sale of Mitratech to Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan Board, and on the terms of its continued minority investment in Mitratech
- F5 Networks in a number of matters, including its
- $1 billion acquisition of Shape Security
- $440 million acquisition of Volterra
- acquisition of Threat Stack
- Coherent in its initially announced $5.7 billion sale to Lumentum, followed by Coherent’s subsequent responses to competing acquisition proposals from MKS Instruments, II-VI and Lumentum in a three-party bidding war culminating in Coherent’s $7 billion sale to II-VI
- Xperi Corporation in its $3 billion merger with TiVo Corporation
- Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. in its $14.3 billion acquisition by affiliates of Digital Colony Partners and the EQT Infrastructure IV fund, the largest media and communications leveraged buyout since the 2008 financial crisis
- a sovereign wealth fund on minority investments in various U.S. technology companies
- Transaction Services Group (TSG) in Calera Capital’s sale of a majority stake in TSG to Advent International Corporation
- LINE Corporation and its group companies on a number of matters, including:
- the establishment of a cryptocurrency-focused fund in Hong Kong
- the acquisition of all assets comprising the music streaming business MixRadio from Microsoft Corporation
- investments into funds in various jurisdictions
- minority investments in various jurisdictions
- strategic joint ventures in various jurisdictions
- JP Morgan as financial advisor to Ellie Mae, Inc. in its $3.7 billion acquisition by Thoma Bravo LLC
- The Culture Trip Ltd. on its investment from its founder and funds managed by PPF N.V.
- ETF Securities Limited on the equity, U.S. and debt financing aspects of the $611 million sale of its European exchange-traded commodity, currency and short-and-leveraged business to WisdomTree Investments, Inc.
- Montagu Private Equity LLP in its acquisition of Open International
- a large Asian corporation on a $1 billion joint venture in southeast Asia
- a large Asian corporation in its acquisition of a leading messaging platform
- a U.S. hedge fund on its technology joint venture in China
- LIXIL Corporation in its $3 billion acquisition of GROHE
- ORIX Corporation in its €2 billion acquisition of Robeco from Rabobank
- Legal Practice Course, The College of Law, England & Wales, 2010
- Diploma in Law, The College of Law, England & Wales, 2009
- M.A. (Hons) University of St. Andrews, 2008
- England & Wales