Julien Kacou represents private and public companies, REITs, sovereign wealth funds and various types of other clients in a wide variety of real estate and corporate real estate transactions across a broad spectrum of asset classes. Mr. Kacou has extensive experience advising on acquisitions, dispositions, joint ventures and financings involving single assets and large portfolios, in addition to leases, sale/leasebacks and reorganizations.
Mr. Kacou’s experience includes representing:
- Healthpeak Properties, Inc. in connection with its:
- $168.5 million acquisition of a portfolio of medical office buildings located in three states; and
- $358 million disposition of a portfolio of triple-net leased senior housing facilities located in California, Nevada and Washington;
- Formation Capital, LLC in the disposition of real estate across the United States;
- Fortress Investment Group in connection with the acquisition of real property in South San Francisco, California;
- Ares Management in connection with the sale of a luxury condo development in Maui, Hawaii;
- Burlington Coat Factory in connection with its term loan facility and secured high-yield notes offering;
- Caesars Entertainment Corporation in its acquisition by Eldorado Resorts, Inc. for $17.3 billion; and
- PayPal Holdings, Inc. in its $4 billion acquisition of Honey Science Corporation.
He also has represented numerous other clients, including TPG Capital, LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton S.E., QIC, The RMR Group LLC, WeWork and Consulate Health Care, LLC, in various acquisitions, dispositions, financings, joint ventures, leases and/or restructurings.
Additionally, Mr. Kacou has worked on a variety of pro bono engagements, including advising on real estate acquisitions, sales and leases for Los Angeles-based nonprofit organizations, screening cases for the Innocence Project, leading a successful adoption hearing for a child in connection with National Adoption Day and helping students with special needs access educational services.