Jason N. Kestecher represents debtors, creditors, equity holders, investors, purchasers and other parties-in-interest in all stages of complex restructuring transactions, including prepackaged, prearranged and traditional Chapter 11 cases, out-of-court workouts, mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, financing transactions and cross-border proceedings.
Mr. Kestecher’s representative matters include:
- Endo International plc in its Chapter 11 case
- Noble Corporation plc, an international offshore drilling contractor, in its Chapter 11 case in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Texas
- TridentUSA Health Services, a nationwide mobile diagnostics health care provider, in:
- its successful reorganization in Chapter 11 proceedings in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York, which delevered the company’s balance sheet by approximately $600 million. This matter was named Healthcare/Life Sciences Deal of the Year ($500MM or more) by The M&A Advisor and received the Turnaround Management Association’s 2020 Turnaround and Transaction of the Year Award in the large company turnaround category
- its $216 million out-of-court recapitalization
- Bank of America as prepetition ABL agent and DIP ABL agent in Sears Holdings Corporation’s Chapter 11 case
- SunEdison, Inc. and certain of its domestic and international subsidiaries in their Chapter 11 cases in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York
- Callidus Capital Corporation in the restructuring of its secured loan to global automotive supplier JD Norman Industries, Inc.
- two affiliates of V.R. Capital Group in filing involuntary bankruptcy petitions against Kirwan Offices S.à r.l., defeating multiple motions to dismiss and obtaining confirmation of a plan of reorganization, which successfully resolved a governance dispute among shareholders
- Peter Thiel and Thiel Capital in the Chapter 11 proceedings of Gawker Media
- Millennium Health, LLC in its voluntary prepackaged Chapter 11 case in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware
- Barclays as:
- DIP and exit administrative agent in the NewPage/Verso bankruptcy case
- Prepetition LC Agent in the Patriot Coal II bankruptcy case
- the prepetition and DIP ABL agent in the Remington bankruptcy case
- Veritas Capital in its $2.1 billion acquisition of StandardAero, which provides aircraft maintenance, repair and overhaul services for aviation, military and industrial power customers
- Deluxe Entertainment Services Group Inc., a subsidiary of MacAndrews & Forbes Incorporated, in its digital cinema joint venture with Technicolor S.A.
- New Residential Investment Corp., a mortgage REIT, in its $1.4 billion acquisition of all of the assets of Home Loan Servicing Solutions, Ltd. (Cayman Islands)
Additionally, Mr. Kestecher’s pro bono work includes successfully obtaining a grant of clemency from the president of the United States for an indigent nonviolent drug offender. He also has successfully represented multiple clients in obtaining reductions in prison sentences under the First Step Act, including obtaining a release for a client serving a life sentence.