Jason N. Kestecher represents debtors, creditors, equity holders, investors, purchasers and other parties-in-interest in all stages of complex restructuring transactions, including prepackaged, prearranged and traditional Chapter 11 cases, out-of-court workouts, mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, financing transactions and cross-border proceedings.
Mr. Kestecher’s representative matters include:
- TridentUSA Health Services in a recapitalization transaction and consent solicitation that achieved overwhelming support from existing creditors and provided $216 million in new money commitments, which were used, in part, to refinance the company’s $70 million revolving credit facility;
- SunEdison, Inc. and certain of its domestic and international subsidiaries in their Chapter 11 cases in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York;
- two affiliates of V.R. Capital Group in filing involuntary bankruptcy petitions against Kirwan Offices S.à r.l., defeating multiple motions to dismiss and obtaining confirmation of a plan of reorganization, which successfully resolved a governance dispute among shareholders;
- Peter Thiel and Thiel Capital in the Chapter 11 proceedings of Gawker Media;
- Millennium Health, LLC in its voluntary prepackaged Chapter 11 case in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware;
- Barclays as:
- DIP and exit administrative agent in the NewPage/Verso bankruptcy case; and
- Prepetition LC Agent in the Patriot Coal II bankruptcy case;
- the prepetition and DIP ABL agent in the Remington bankruptcy case;
- Veritas Capital in its $2.1 billion acquisition of StandardAero, which provides aircraft maintenance, repair and overhaul services for aviation, military and industrial power customers;
- Deluxe Entertainment Services Group Inc., a subsidiary of MacAndrews & Forbes Incorporated, in its digital cinema joint venture with Technicolor S.A.; and
- New Residential Investment Corp., a mortgage REIT, in its $1.4 billion acquisition of all of the assets of Home Loan Servicing Solutions, Ltd. (Cayman Islands).
Mr. Kestecher also has provided pro bono legal services to persons in need, including in successfully obtaining a grant of clemency from the president of the United States for an indigent non-violent drug offender.