Jason N. Kestecher represents debtors, creditors, equity holders, investors, purchasers and other parties-in-interest in all stages of complex restructuring transactions, including prepackaged, prearranged and traditional Chapter 11 cases, out-of-court workouts, mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, financing transactions and cross-border proceedings.
Mr. Kestecher’s representative matters include:
- Noble Corporation plc, an international offshore drilling contractor, in its Chapter 11 case in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Texas;
- TridentUSA Health Services, a nationwide mobile diagnostics health care provider, in:
- its successful reorganization in Chapter 11 proceedings in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York, which delevered the company’s balance sheet by approximately $600 million. This matter was named Healthcare/Life Sciences Deal of the Year ($500MM or more) by The M&A Advisor and received the Turnaround Management Association’s 2020 Turnaround and Transaction of the Year Award in the large company turnaround category; and
- its $216 million out-of-court recapitalization;
- Bank of America as prepetition ABL agent and DIP ABL agent in Sears Holdings Corporation’s Chapter 11 case;
- SunEdison, Inc. and certain of its domestic and international subsidiaries in their Chapter 11 cases in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York;
- Callidus Capital Corporation in the restructuring of its secured loan to global automotive supplier JD Norman Industries, Inc.;
- two affiliates of V.R. Capital Group in filing involuntary bankruptcy petitions against Kirwan Offices S.à r.l., defeating multiple motions to dismiss and obtaining confirmation of a plan of reorganization, which successfully resolved a governance dispute among shareholders;
- Peter Thiel and Thiel Capital in the Chapter 11 proceedings of Gawker Media;
- Millennium Health, LLC in its voluntary prepackaged Chapter 11 case in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware;
- Barclays as:
- DIP and exit administrative agent in the NewPage/Verso bankruptcy case; and
- Prepetition LC Agent in the Patriot Coal II bankruptcy case;
- the prepetition and DIP ABL agent in the Remington bankruptcy case;
- Veritas Capital in its $2.1 billion acquisition of StandardAero, which provides aircraft maintenance, repair and overhaul services for aviation, military and industrial power customers;
- Deluxe Entertainment Services Group Inc., a subsidiary of MacAndrews & Forbes Incorporated, in its digital cinema joint venture with Technicolor S.A.; and
- New Residential Investment Corp., a mortgage REIT, in its $1.4 billion acquisition of all of the assets of Home Loan Servicing Solutions, Ltd. (Cayman Islands).
Additionally, Mr. Kestecher’s pro bono work includes successfully obtaining a grant of clemency from the president of the United States for an indigent non-violent drug offender.