Dohyun Kim focuses on mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance, private equity, securities and general corporate law matters. Ms. Kim regularly advises public and private companies in a variety of U.S. and cross-border corporate matters, including acquisitions and dispositions, investments, joint ventures, restructurings and financings. Ms. Kim has represented clients across a wide variety of industries, including consumer products, pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, technology and communications.
Examples of Ms. Kim’s representations include:
- JAB Holding Company in its $18.7 billion acquisition of a controlling stake in Dr Pepper Snapple Group Inc.; the acquisitions of Einstein Noah Restaurant Group and Peet’s Coffee & Tea, Inc.; and the formation of Jacobs Douwe Egberts (JDE), a coffee products joint venture, combining the coffee businesses of D.E Master Blenders B.V. 1753 and Mondelēz International, Inc.;
- Pinnacle Entertainment, Inc. in its $2.8 billion pending sale to Penn National Gaming, Inc.;
- Pfizer Inc. in its $900 million sale of its global infusion therapy business, Hospira Infusion Systems, to ICU Medical, Inc.;
- Capgemini S.E. in its $4 billion acquisition of iGATE Corporation;
- The Coca-Cola Company in its 16.7 percent investment in, and worldwide strategic partnership with, Monster Beverage Corporation;
- Frontier Communications Corporation in its $2 billion acquisition of the wireline business of AT&T in Connecticut;
- Mars, Incorporated in its $2.9 billion acquisition of the Iams, Eukanuba and Natura pet food brands from The Procter & Gamble Company;
- Coty Inc. in its acquisition of the fine fragrances, color cosmetics and hair color businesses of The Procter & Gamble Company in a Reverse Morris Trust transaction;
- ASML Holding N.V. in its $2.5 billion acquisition of Cymer, Inc.;
- Fintrax Group in its $257 million acquisition of Planet Payment, Inc.;
- Greenhill & Co., Inc. in its acquisition of Cogent Advisors;
- Activision Blizzard, Inc. in its share repurchase transaction with Vivendi S.A.;
- Have & Be Co. Ltd, the South Korean parent company of skin care brands Dr. Jart+ and Do The Right Thing, in its sale of an interest to The Estée Lauder Companies Inc.;
- By Kilian, a Paris-based prestige fragrance brand, in its sale to The Estée Lauder Companies Inc.; and
- Covidien plc and its affiliates in connection with their U.S. and cross-border corporate and financing transactions undertaken to facilitate the spin-off of Mallinckrodt plc.
Ms. Kim is actively involved in Skadden’s training and recruiting programs. She serves on the firm’s summer associate committee and the steering committee for the Asian & Middle Eastern Affinity Network, and provides pro bono legal services to nonprofit organizations in the arts, including The DreamYard Project, Inc.