Ms. Kim regularly advises public and private companies and private equity firms in a wide variety of U.S. and cross-border transactions and corporate matters, including acquisitions and dispositions, investments, joint ventures, spin-offs, carve-outs, restructurings and financings. She has represented clients across a diverse range of industry groups and sectors.
Ms. Kim was named to Bloomberg Law’s 2022 edition of its They’ve Got Next 40 Under 40 list. She also was named a finalist for Young Lawyer of the Year—Corporate in 2023 and 2022 by The American Lawyer, one of Crain’s 40 Under Forty, a Crain’s Notable Diverse Leader in Law, one of The Deal’s Top Rising Stars and one of Law360’s Rising Stars, which recognizes top “attorneys under 40 whose legal accomplishments transcend their age.” Ms. Kim also received a Rising Star award in 2022 from the Korean American Lawyers Association of Greater New York.
Ms. Kim serves on the firm’s Client Engagement Committee.
Her notable representations include:
Technology, Media and Telecommunications; Gaming and Sports
- Elon Musk in his $44 billion acquisition of Twitter, Inc.
- Veoneer, Inc., an automotive safety technology company listed on the New York Stock Exchange and Nasdaq Stockholm, in its $4.5 billion acquisition by SSW Partners and Qualcomm Incorporated following the termination of Veoneer’s previously announced $3.8 billion acquisition by Magna International Inc.
- Activision Blizzard, Inc. in its:
- acquisition of Boston-based gaming studio Proletariat
- share repurchase transaction with Vivendi S.A.
- SHEIN in connection with its strategic partnership with SPARC Group Holdings II LLC
- Hyundai Motor Company in its long-term sponsorship agreement with FIFA
- NCR Corporation in its $2.5 billion acquisition of Cardtronics
- BuzzFeed, Inc. in its acquisition of the HuffPost business from Verizon Media as part of a new strategic partnership between BuzzFeed and Verizon Media across content and advertising, and as a result of which Verizon Media became a minority stockholder in BuzzFeed
- Pinnacle Entertainment, Inc. in its $2.8 billion sale to Penn National Gaming, Inc.
- Eurazeo in the acquisition of Planet Payment, Inc. through Fintrax Group, its portfolio company
- Capgemini S.E. in its $4 billion acquisition of iGATE Corporation
- Frontier Communications Corporation in its $2 billion acquisition of the wireline business of AT&T in Connecticut
- ASML Holding N.V. in its $2.5 billion acquisition of Cymer, Inc.
- a large international e-commerce company in its acquisition of a South Korea-based technology company
- Iora Health, Inc. in its $2.1 billion all-stock acquisition by 1Life Healthcare, Inc.
- Pfizer Inc. in its $900 million sale of its global infusion therapy business, Hospira Infusion Systems, to ICU Medical, Inc.
- Orum Therapeutics, Inc. in the $180 million sale of its ORM-6151 program to Bristol-Myers Squibb Company
- Corin Group, a U.K. international orthopaedic company backed by Permira Funds, in its acquisition of U.S.-based OMNI Orthopaedics Inc., a pioneer in robotic-assisted total knee replacement
- Covidien plc and its affiliates in connection with their U.S. and cross-border corporate and financing transactions undertaken to facilitate the spin-off of Mallinckrodt plc
- LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton S.E. in its $16.2 billion acquisition of Tiffany & Co.
- Tula Life, Inc., an L. Catterton-backed skin care company, in its acquisition by Procter & Gamble
- Have & Be Co. Ltd., the South Korean parent company of skin care brands Dr. Jart+ and Do The Right Thing, in its sale of an interest to The Estee Lauder Companies Inc. and subsequent sale of the rest of the company at an enterprise value of $1.7 billion
- Coty Inc. in its acquisition of the fine fragrances, color cosmetics and hair color businesses of The Procter & Gamble Company in a reverse Morris trust transaction
- JAB Holding Company in its:
- $18.7 billion acquisition of a controlling stake in Dr Pepper Snapple Group Inc.
- acquisitions of Einstein Noah Restaurant Group and Peet’s Coffee & Tea, Inc.
- formation of Jacobs Douwe Egberts (JDE), a pure-play coffee products joint venture, combining the coffee businesses of D.E Master Blenders B.V. 1753 and Mondelez International, Inc.
- Keurig Dr. Pepper in its acquisitions of the Big Red and Core brands
- Halbert Spirits Company, Inc. (doing business as On The Rocks Premium Cocktails) in its sale to Beam Suntory, Inc.
- The Coca-Cola Company in its 16.7% investment in, and worldwide strategic partnership with, Monster Beverage Corporation
- Mars, Incorporated in its $2.9 billion acquisition of the Iams, Eukanuba and Natura pet food brands from The Procter & Gamble Company
- By Kilian, a Paris-based prestige fragrance brand, in its sale to The Estee Lauder Companies Inc.
- KAR Auction Services, Inc. in:
- its spin-off of IAA, Inc., its salvage auction vehicle business
- a $550 million strategic investment led by funds advised by Apax Partners
- the $2.2 billion sale of its ADESA U.S. physical auction business to Carvana
- HAAH Automotive Holdings in connection with strategic investment opportunities in South Korea
- Korea Resources Corporation in connection with restructuring matters
Financial Services; Financial Technology
- E*TRADE Financial Corporation in its acquisition by Morgan Stanley in an all-stock transaction valued at $13 billion
- Greentech Capital Advisors Securities, LLC in its sale to Nomura Holdings, Inc.
- Leerink Partners in:
- the management-led acquisition of SVB Securities from SVB Financial Group, backed by funds managed by The Baupost Group L.L.C.
- its $280 million sale to SVB Financial Group
- Greenhill & Co., Inc. in its acquisition of Cogent Advisors
Ms. Kim also advises the firm’s investment banking clients in transactional and financial advisory work.
She is actively involved in Skadden’s training and recruiting programs. Ms. Kim serves on the firm’s Summer Associate Committee and as a partner liaison for the firm’s Global API Affinity Network, in addition to providing pro bono legal services to nonprofit organizations in the arts, including The DreamYard Project, Inc.