Mollie Kornreich represents clients in complex commercial disputes at the trial and appellate levels, and advises on related issues. She has represented plaintiffs and defendants across industries in a wide range of matters involving securities, breach of contract, False Claims Act, antitrust, intellectual property and a variety of other claims. Some of her recent representations include:
- a financial institution in a federal antitrust class action and False Claims Act cases in multiple jurisdictions relating to interest rates set on municipal debt instruments;
- a consulting company in a securities fraud class action brought by shareholders alleging that certain revenue forecasts were misleading;
- a hospital seeking indemnification from the federal government pursuant to a rarely utilized provision of the Internal Revenue Code;
- a U.S. bank in a federal class action alleging that it breached contractual obligations to holders of certain instruments in performing foreign exchange transactions;
- a foreign trust in a Florida state court litigation involving allegations of fraud, breach of fiduciary duty and defamation;
- a global produce company in an intellectual property dispute over use of its iconic trademark around the world;
- a residential real estate company in New York state court actions against a competitor and former employees involving unauthorized use of proprietary material and violation of certain employment agreements;
- a menswear company, and its directors and officers, in expedited litigation relating to a takeover proposal; and
- a large telecommunications company in a securities fraud class action brought by shareholders following a merger.
Ms. Kornreich also has represented clients pro bono in immigration and reproductive rights impact litigation, as well as custody and visitation, child support and other family court matters. She is a member of New York Lawyers for the Public Interest’s Pro Bono Advisory Counsel.