Ms. Krawiec previously worked as a trial attorney in the U.S. Department of Justice’s Civil Division, through the auspices of the Attorney General’s Honors Program. While serving in this position, she gained substantial trial and courtroom experience representing the United States in diverse, high-profile cases in federal district courts throughout the country. Ms. Krawiec also served as a law clerk for the Honorable Gregory J. Hobbs, Jr. of the Colorado Supreme Court.
Ms. Krawiec’s cases at Skadden have included representing clients in matters involving simultaneous criminal, civil, administrative and congressional proceedings. She has defended clients in investigations, litigation and administrative actions by the Department of Justice, the Food and Drug Administration, the Manhattan District Attorney’s Office, the Securities and Exchange Commission, the Federal Trade Commission, the Department of Treasury and various state attorneys general. She also has advised on matters involving various congressional committees, including the U.S. Senate Select Committee on Intelligence; the U.S. Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Permanent Subcommittee on Investigations, the U.S. Senate Committee on Commerce, Science & Transportation, the U.S. Senate Special Committee on Aging, the U.S. Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor & Pensions, the U.S. House Committee on Foreign Affairs, the U.S. House Financial Services Committee, the U.S. House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform and the U.S. House Committee on Energy and Commerce.
Significant representations include:
- advising a financial institution in connection with a House investigation into the
- advising a foreign bank in responding to a Senate inquiry into litigation relating to a
customer’s Ponzi scheme;
- representing a foreign entity in connection with an investigation conducted by the U.S.
Senate Select Committee on Intelligence;
- a nongovernmental organization in connection with an internal investigation;
- a corporate officer in connection with government and board investigations into insider trading allegations and cybersecurity-related issues;
- a multinational media corporation in connection with whistleblower allegations;
- an international bank in connection with parallel congressional and criminal investigations, as well as inquiries from the United Nations Independent Inquiry Committee, stemming from allegations of misconduct related to the United Nations Oil-for-Food Program;
- an international bank in connection with voluntary disclosures and the resolution of administrative proceedings involving various federal agencies;
- a transportation logistics company in an FCA investigation related to allegations of the submission of false and inflated invoices to a federal agency;
- a major stock exchange in connection with an SEC investigation and enforcement of options order handling rules;
- a Chapter 7 trustee in connection with bankruptcy proceedings and other litigation stemming from a failed bank;
- a title insurance company in connection with a congressional investigation into witness tampering allegations;
- a financial institution in connection with congressional and criminal investigations into a request for proposal submitted to the Pension Benefit Guarantee Corp.;
- an international medical device manufacturer in connection with DOJ and FDA enforcement proceedings regarding manufacturing practices;
- an e-commerce company in connection with a congressional investigation into marketing practices related to the acquisition of consumer account information;
- a U.S.-based multinational company in connection with a congressional subpoena seeking information related to off-shore tax-deferred corporate earnings;
- an e-commerce company in congressional, FTC and state attorneys general investigations focusing on the placement of unauthorized charges on consumer phone bills;
- various companies in connection with reporting obligations related to the Agricultural Foreign Investment Disclosure Act;
- a senior-living provider in a congressional investigation into benefits afforded to senior veterans;
- a multinational networking and telecommunications equipment and services company in a congressional investigation into national security issues;
- an international energy drink company in a congressional investigation into its marketing and promotional practices;
- an association in connection with a congressional investigation related to the Affordable Care Act;
- a government contractor in defamation litigation brought in three separate state courts; and
- a telecommunications services company in consumer protection matters before the FTC and various state attorneys general.
Ms. Krawiec was selected for inclusion in Global Investigations Review’s 40 Under 40 list. She also was featured in Lawdragon's Lawyer Limelight in 2014.