Rachel M. Kurth
Ms. Kurth regularly represents clients in connection with a wide range of U.S. and international corporate transactions. Her practice includes negotiating and drafting sophisticated employment, consulting, restrictive covenant, and separation and release agreements. Ms. Kurth frequently counsels employers on compliance with federal, state and local laws related to wages and hours, worker classification, discrimination and accommodations, reductions in force, employee leave, workplace health and safety, immigration, and government contractor obligations. She often drafts employer policies and procedures and advises clients on their implementation. Ms. Kurth also advises clients on sensitive matters relating to employee discipline and discharge. Additionally, she has experience conducting internal investigations into employee issues and providing workforce training.
Examples of Ms. Kurth’s representations include:
- DuPont in its $11 billion sale of a majority of its Mobility & Materials segment to Celanese Corporation, and in its proposed but terminated $5.2 billion acquisition of Rogers Corporation;
- Infrastructure Investments Fund in its $8.1 billion acquisition of South Jersey Industries, Inc.;
- Vectrus, Inc. in its $2.1 billion merger with Vertex, Inc.;
- WSP Global Inc. in its $1.8 billion acquisition of the Environment & Infrastructure business of John Wood Group plc;
- Highline Management Inc. in connection with the $880 million sale of substantially all of the assets of Prime Automotive Group to Group 1 Automotive, Inc.;
- BillerudKorsnäs AB in its $825 million acquisition of Verso Corporation;
- Criteo S.A. in its $350 million acquisition of Iponweb;
- JAB Holding Company-sponsored National Veterinary Associates in its acquisition of SAGE Veterinary Centers from Chicago Pacific Founders, and in its acquisition of Ethos Veterinary Health from BBH Capital Partners (including its subsequent hospital divestitures to Nordic Capital-sponsored United Veterinary Care and Percheron Capital-sponsored Veritas Veterinary Partners);
- Tula Life, Inc., an L. Catterton-backed skin care company, in its acquisition by Procter & Gamble;
- Lecoq Cuisine and its founder in its sale to Groupe Le Duff; and
- Aquarian Holdings, LLC in its acquisition of a controlling interest in Somerset Reinsurance Holdings Ltd.
- J.D., Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, 2008 (magna cum laude; Order of the Coif; Samuel and Ronnie Heyman Scholar; Senior Notes Editor, Arts and Entertainment Law Journal).
- B.A., University of Pennsylvania, 2005 (cum laude)
- New York