Ms. Land has repeatedly been selected for inclusion in Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business, in which clients praise her for “a mastery of Delaware corporate law that many strive to have.” She advises in all areas of Delaware corporate and alternative entity law, focusing on Delaware laws governing limited liability companies and limited partnerships. She has counseled clients on the use of Delaware alternative entities in connection with joint ventures, equity investments, spin-offs, REIT conversions, acquisitions, financings, reorganizations, serializations, divisions and securities offerings.
In joint ventures, Ms. Land recently represented:
- NextEra Energy Partners in connection with:
- a convertible equity portfolio financing with BlackRock Global Energy & Power Infrastructure used to fund the acquisition of Meade Pipeline, which owns a portion of the Central Penn Line, in a transaction valued at $1.37 billion;
- a partnership with KKR’s third Global Infrastructure Investors Fund to finance the acquisition of, and own, a portfolio of 10 utility-scale wind and solar projects across the United States; and
- a strategic equity portfolio financing arrangement with a fund managed by BlackRock Global Energy & Power Infrastructure to finance a $1.28 billion acquisition;
- CF Industries Holdings, Inc. in its strategic venture with CHS Inc., including a $2.8 billion investment by CHS to acquire a minority interest in the venture, which holds nitrogen manufacturing facilities;
- NextEra Energy, Inc. in connection with:
- the formation and expansion of a joint venture with EQT Corporation to construct, develop and operate the MVP natural gas pipeline to run over 300 miles through West Virginia and Virginia and a related lateral expansion; and
- its formation of a joint venture with Spectra Energy Corp to construct, develop and operate a $3 billion natural gas pipeline to run 465 miles from Alabama to Florida, bringing natural gas to utilities in the state of Florida.
In mergers and acquisitions, Ms. Land has represented clients in a wide variety of industries in both public and private transactions, including mergers, leveraged buyouts, recapitalizations and asset sales, including her representations of Dunne Manning Inc. in its acquisition of a controlling interest in CrossAmerica Partners L.P.; Sealed Air Corporation in its $3.2 billion carve-out sale of its Diversey Care division and the food hygiene and cleaning business within its Food Care division to Bain Capital Private Equity; and the Washington Companies in the sale of their Modern Machinery Far East Russian business.
Ms. Land also represented Alexander & Baldwin on its conversion to a REIT; Darden Restaurants, Inc. in its spin-off of Four Corners Property Trust, Inc., an independent, public company that is treated as a REIT; Suntex Marina Investors LLC in its REIT serialization; and Ladder Capital Corp in connection with its REIT conversion and serialization.
In addition, Ms. Land has advised equity sponsors, asset management firms and other financial services clients in a wide variety of matters, including investments, acquisitions, governance, and debt and equity offerings. She has represented Michael Price (MFP Partners) in connection with rights offerings and equity investments. Ms. Land also has represented Jane Street Group in connection with equity issuances, restructurings and related matters, and Land Holdings I, LLC in connection with its financing for the construction and development of its casino.
Ms. Land serves as vice chair of the Corporation Law Council of the Delaware State Bar Association and is a member of the Alternative Entity subcommittee of the Corporation Law Council, which is responsible for reviewing and recommending revisions to the Delaware General Corporation Law and the Delaware Limited Liability Company Act, Limited Partnership Act and General Partnership Act, respectively. She also is a member of the executive committee of the board of directors of The Jewish Federation of Delaware. Ms. Land also repeatedly has been listed in IFLR1000, The Best Lawyers in America and The Best Lawyers in Delaware.
Vice Chair, Council of the Delaware Corporation Law Section of the Delaware State Bar Association
Alternative Entity Subcommittee of the Corporation Law Council of the Delaware State Bar Association