Repeatedly selected for inclusion in Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business, Ms. Land is praised by her clients “for knowing the Delaware Code inside out” (2014 edition). She advises in all areas of Delaware corporate and alternative entity law, focusing on Delaware laws governing limited liability companies and limited partnerships. She has counseled clients on the use of Delaware alternative entities in connection with joint ventures, equity investments, serializing, spin-offs, REIT conversions, acquisitions, financings, reorganizations and securities offerings.
In joint ventures, Ms. Land recently represented:
- NextEra Energy Partners in connection with a strategic equity portfolio financing arrangement with a fund managed by BlackRock Global Energy & Power Infrastructure to finance a $1.28 billion acquisition;
- NextEra Energy, Inc. in connection with the formation and expansion of a joint venture with EQT Corporation to construct, develop and operate the MVP natural gas pipeline that will run over 300 miles through West Virginia and Virginia and a related lateral expansion;
- CF Industries Holdings, Inc. in its strategic venture with CHS Inc., including a $2.8 billion investment by CHS in CF Industries’ subsidiary;
- Plum Creek Timber Co. Inc. in the formation of a joint venture with several institutional investors that will be managed by Silver Creek Capital Management and own a portfolio of U.S. timberlands;
- NextEra in connection with its formation of a joint venture with Spectra Energy Corp to construct, develop and operate a $3 billion natural gas pipeline that will run 465 miles from Alabama to Florida, bringing natural gas to utilities in the state of Florida; and
- Tower Research, LLC in connection with the formation of a joint venture with Credit Suisse relating to the trading of fixed-income securities.
Ms. Land also recently represented Alexander & Baldwin on its conversion to a REIT; Darden Restaurants, Inc. in its spin-off of select real estate and restaurant assets into Four Corners Property Trust, Inc., an independent, public company that intends to elect and qualify to be treated as a REIT; and Ladder Capital Corp in connection with its REIT conversion, including an internal realignment involving the serialization of its operating partnership and other subsidiaries.
In mergers and acquisitions, Ms. Land has represented clients in a wide variety of industries in both public and private transactions, including mergers, leveraged buyouts, recapitalizations, and asset sales in connection with bankruptcy proceedings, including her recent representations of Sealed Air Corporation in its $3.2 billion carve-out sale of its Diversey Care division and the food hygiene and cleaning business within its Food Care division to Bain Capital Private Equity; and HealthSouth Corporation in its US$730 million acquisition of the rehabilitation facilities of Reliant Hospital Partners, LLC.
In addition, Ms. Land has advised equity sponsors and asset management firms in a variety of matters, including investments, acquisitions, internal governance, and debt and equity securities offerings. She has represented Michael Price (MFP Partners) in connection with a rights offering by S&W Seed Company backstopped by MFP Partners, an investment in Cache, Inc. and a related rights offering, and an investment in First Security Group, Inc. Ms. Land also represented Jane Street Group on a number of equity issuances and restructurings, and Land Holdings I, LLC in connection with its $280 million financing for the construction and development of its proposed casino in D’Iberville, Mississippi.
Ms. Land serves on the Council of the Delaware Corporation Law Section of the Delaware State Bar Association and the Alternative Entity subcommittee of the Corporation Law Council, which is responsible for reviewing and recommending revisions to the Delaware General Corporation Law and the Delaware Limited Liability Company Act, Limited Partnership Act and General Partnership Act, respectively. She also repeatedly has been listed in Chambers USA, The Best Lawyers in America and The Best Lawyers in Delaware.
Council of the Delaware Corporation Law Section of the Delaware State Bar Association
Chair, Alternative Entity Subcommittee of the Corporation Law Council of the Delaware State Bar Association