Will Leonard focuses on mergers and acquisitions, investment transactions and other corporate matters, primarily in the financial services and insurance industries.
Mr. Leonard advises on public and private mergers and acquisitions, dispositions, joint venture transactions, spin-offs, strategic investments and other corporate transactions.
His experience includes advising:
- Apollo Global Management, Inc. in its $11 billion merger with Athene Holding Ltd.;
- Validus Holdings, Ltd. in its $5.6 billion acquisition by American International Group, Inc.;
- American Financial Group, Inc. in the $3.5 billion sale of its annuity business to Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company;
- Stone Point Capital and Privilege Underwriters, Inc. in Privilege’s $3.1 billion acquisition by Tokio Marine Holdings, Inc.;
- FGL Holdings in its $2.7 billion acquisition by Fidelity National Financial, Inc.;
- Fidelity National Financial, Inc. in the spin-off of approximately 15% of the common stock of F&G Annuities & Life, Inc.;
- JAB Holding Company in the creation and expansion of its North American pet insurance platform, Independence Pet Group, including the acquisitions of PetPartners, Inc., FIGO Pet Insurance LLC and Independence American Insurance Company;
- JAB Holding Company and Independence Pet Group in their $1.4 billion acquisition of Crum & Forster’s pet insurance business from Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited;
- Aquarian Holdings in its acquisition of a controlling ownership interest in Somerset Reinsurance Ltd.;
- Stone Point Capital in its $2.7 billion going-private acquisition of AmTrust Financial Services, Inc.;
- CMIG International Holding Pte. Ltd., the 96% shareholder of Sirius International Insurance Group, Ltd., in Sirius Group’s $788 million merger with Third Point Reinsurance Ltd;
- Safe Auto Insurance Group, Inc. in its $300 million merger with a subsidiary of The Allstate Corporation; and
- F&G Annuities & Life, Inc. in its $200 million sale of F&G Reinsurance Ltd to Ares Management Corporation.