Yiming Liu represents companies, private equity funds and investment banks in cross-border M&A transactions, IPOs in the U.S. and Hong Kong, and various other corporate transactions. He regularly utilizes his scientific background when advising clients in the technology sector, including the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry.
Mr. Liu joined Skadden in 2016 and previously had practiced in the New York office of another leading U.S. law firm where he focused on M&A and capital markets transactions.
Mr. Liu’s experience (including prior experience) includes the following representations:
M&A and Private Equity
- Apex Technology Co., Ltd. in its $4 billion acquisition of Lexmark International Inc;
- Didi Chuxing in its acquisition of Uber China and in its over $5.5 billion private placement to SoftBank;
- JD.com and JD Finance in the $500 million joint ventures for e-commerce and fintech services in Thailand with Central Group and Provident Capital;
- HUYA Inc. in its $461.6 million pre-IPO equity investment by Tencent;
- ByteDance (Toutiao) in leading the $25 million Series D financing of India-based DailyHunt;
- Roche in various investments in the U.S., including its purchase of an option to acquire, and research collaboration with, an early-stage biopharmaceutical company in the U.S.;
- BATS Global Markets, a leading stock exchange operator in the U.S., in its $365 million acquisition of Hotspot FX from NYSE-listed KCG Holdings Inc.;
- Roper Technologies, Inc., an NYSE-listed industrial and technological conglomerate, in its acquisition of RF IDeas, Inc., which was one of two concurrently announced acquisitions with a combined purchase price of $277 million;
- Mitsubishi UFJ Lease & Finance in its $370 million acquisition of Engine Lease Finance Corporation and Beacon Intermodal Leasing from The Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ, Ltd.;
- Tailwind Capital in the sale of ReTrans Inc. to Switzerland-based Kühne + Nagel; and
- Crestview Partners in various private equity transactions in the U.S., including the investment in its portfolio company Key Safety Systems by FountainVest Partners.
- Innovent Biologics in its $421 million Hong Kong IPO and global offering;
- the underwriters in CStone Pharmaceuticals’ $285 million Hong Kong IPO; and
- CooTek in its $57 million U.S. IPO and listing on the NYSE.