Yiming Liu focuses his practice on cross-border mergers and acquisitions. He has represented corporate clients, investment banks and private equity funds on various corporate matters.
Prior to joining Skadden, Mr. Liu practiced in the New York office of another leading U.S. law firm and focused his practice on mergers and acquisitions and corporate finance transactions covering various industries.
Mr. Liu has represented (including prior experience):
- Apex Technology Co., Ltd. as a member of the buyer consortium in its US$4 billion acquisition of Lexmark International Inc.;
- Didi Chuxing in its acquisition of Uber China from Uber Technologies Inc.;
- Didi Chuxing in its new financing round that raised more than US$5.5 billion to support its global strategy and continued investments in artificial intelligence-based technologies;
- JD.com and JD Finance in the agreement with Central Group, the largest retail conglomerate in Thailand, and Provident Capital for an aggregate investment of up to US$500 million to establish two joint ventures in Thailand covering e-commerce and fintech services;
- HUYA Inc., an NYSE-listed leading gaming livestreaming platform in China, in its US$461.6 million pre-IPO equity investment by Tencent;
- ByteDance (Toutiao) in leading the Series D financing of DailyHunt, an India-based news aggregation company, that raised US$25 million;
- BATS Global Markets, Inc., a leading stock exchange operator in the U.S., in its US$365 million acquisition of Hotspot FX Holdings Inc., a leading institutional spot foreign exchange market, from NYSE-listed KCG Holdings Inc.;
- Roper Technologies, Inc., an NYSE-listed industrial and technological conglomerate, in its acquisition of RF IDeas, Inc., a leading provider of proprietary identification card technology solutions, which was one of two concurrently announced acquisitions with a combined purchase price of US$277 million;
- Mitsubishi UFJ Lease & Finance in its US$370 million acquisition of Engine Lease Finance Corporation and Beacon Intermodal Leasing from The Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ, Ltd.;
- Roche in various investments in the U.S., including its purchase of an option to acquire, and research collaboration with, an early-stage biopharmaceutical company in the U.S.;
- Strategic Growth Bancorp in its sale of shares through a private placement to existing and new shareholders;
- Tailwind Capital in the sale of ReTrans Inc., a U.S. non-asset brokerage provider of intermodal transportation, to the Kühne + Nagel Group, a global transportation and logistics company based in Switzerland; and
- Crestview Partners in various investments in the U.S., including the investment in its portfolio company Key Safety Systems, Inc., a U.S. automotive safety products supplier, by FountainVest Partners.