Flora Lu’s practice includes advising on mergers and acquisitions, private equity, joint ventures and other general corporate matters associated with public and private companies in domestic and international matters in the U.S. and China. Ms. Lu was recognized by the The Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2021 as a Key Lawyer for her work with Skadden’s China Corporate/M&A team.
Highlights from her recent experience include representing:
- the special committee of independent and disinterested directors of HUYA Inc. in its US$10 billion merger with DouYu International Holdings Limited;
- JOYY Inc. in its:
- transfer of Class B ordinary shares of HUYA Inc. to Linen Investment Limited, a wholly owned subsidiary of Tencent Holdings Limited for an aggregate purchase price of US$262.6 million in cash, pursuant to Tencent’s exercise of its option to purchase additional shares of Huya from JOYY; and
- acquisition of Bigo Inc;
- BlueCity Holdings Limited in its US$85 million IPO and listing on Nasdaq;
- Bilibili Inc. in its equity transaction and business cooperation with Sony Corporation of America, pursuant to which Sony will subscribe for 4.98% of the total outstanding shares of Bilibili through the purchase of newly issued Class Z ordinary shares for US$400 million;
- TAL Education Group in its various overseas investments;
- Bytedance Ltd. in its acquisition of Musical.ly, Inc. and private equity financings;
- Meituan Dianping in its strategic transactions, pre-IPO financings and its US$2.7 billion acquisition of Mobike;
- Baidu, Inc. in the merger of its subsidiary Xiaodu Life Technology Ltd. with Rajax Merger Sub Limited;
- Apex Technology Co., Ltd. as a member of a buyer consortium in its US$4 billion acquisition of Lexmark International Inc.;
- China Huaxin Post and Telecommunication Economy Development Center in its acquisition of the enterprise business of Alcatel-Lucent via a bidding process;
- The Hershey Company in its 100% acquisition of Golden Monkey, a leading Chinese confectionary company; and
- Stanley Black & Decker, Inc. in its acquisition of a 100% controlling stake in Jiangsu Guoqiang Tools Co., Ltd., one of China’s largest power tools manufacturers.
Prior to joining Skadden, Ms. Lu’s experience included working at a well-known Chinese law firm in the areas of foreign direct investment and mergers and acquisitions.