Mr. Mangiatordi’s practice includes counseling on portfolio and single-asset acquisitions, dispositions, joint ventures, financings, developments, sale/leasebacks, distressed asset workouts, and reorganizations and leases. His clients include institutional investors, sovereign wealth funds, lenders, borrowers, buyers, sellers, landlords, tenants and developers.
Mr. Mangiatordi’s experience includes the representation of:
- a sovereign wealth fund in the financing for an acquisition of over 300 industrial assets for $6.9 billion. The financing included six separate loans for approximately $4.2 billion of proceeds in the aggregate;
- Ivanhoe Cambridge, Inc. in its acquisition, for more than $3 billion, of IDI Logistics, LLC from Brookfield Asset Management Inc., which involved multiple lender negotiations and entry into a joint venture with Oxford Properties. This deal was included among Real Estate Forum’s The Best of 2018;
- the sponsor of Yotel New York in its workout and modification of mortgage financing, mezzanine financing and preferred equity;
- Fortress Investment Group in connection with the financing of a senior mortgage loan (i.e., note-on-note financing);
- Fortress Investment Group in connection with an equity investment and refinancing of a luxury condominium project in New York City;
- JP Morgan Chase Bank, N.A. in connection with the modification of a $1.195 billion senior loan originated for the development of the American Dream mall in New Jersey;
- APL Group in its $450 million credit facility from a group of lenders led by Morgan Stanley to provide financing for the acquisition and development of properties located across the United States;
- The We Company in various transactions, including the $850 million acquisition of Lord & Taylor’s former New York City flagship building at 424 Fifth Avenue from Lord & Taylor’s parent company Hudson’s Bay Company; and
- MSD Capital in various joint ventures related to office, retail, hotel and multifamily properties.
He also has represented numerous other clients, including Blackstone, Brookfield Properties, MSD Partners, Formation Capital and WeWork, in various acquisitions, dispositions, financings, joint ventures, leases and restructurings.