Michael Marietta’s principal areas of practice are mergers and acquisitions, private equity, corporate finance and general corporate governance and other matters. He has transaction experience in various industries including in technology and oil and gas.
Mr. Marietta’s recent experience (including his prior firm experience) includes advising:
Mergers & Acquisitions
- ST Telemedia in its controlling interest investment in 2nd Watch, Inc.;
Grab in its joint venture relating to OVO with Tokopedia and Lippo;
- Brookfield Business Partners in its $4.6 billion acquisition of Westinghouse Electric Company, a leading nuclear power service provider;
- DexKo Global Inc., a portfolio company of The Sterling Group, in its merger with an acquisition subsidiary of KPS Capital Partners;
- Safe Fleet in its acquisition of COBAN Technologies, Inc.;
- a private equity firm and portfolio company in their acquisition of a transportation company;
- a private equity firm and portfolio company in their acquisition of an oil field services company; and
- a chemical company in their initial capitalization transactions and shareholder arrangements.
- Medco Energi in its $650 million Rule 144A 7.375% bond offering;
- CEMEX Holdings Philippines in its $250 million stock rights offering;
- Exela Technologies and the selling stockholder in a registered public offering of its common shares;
- the underwriters in Pertamina’s $750 million Rule 144A offering of 6.5% senior notes under its $10 billion global medium term note program; and
- the underwriters in Modernland Realty’s $150 million Regulation S offering of 10.75% senior notes.
Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom (Singapore) LLP is licensed in Singapore as a registered foreign law firm to advise clients on certain aspects of their international transactions and operations. We are not authorized to practice Singapore law. All matters relating to advice as to Singapore law will be dealt with by a separate local Singapore law firm.