Alex McCarney’s practice focuses on advising private equity funds on buyouts, minority investments, consortium arrangements and disposals.
Mr. McCarney’s experience prior to joining Skadden includes advising:
- global investment firm Carlyle on its agreement to acquire Altadia Group (Altadia) from an affiliate of Lone Star Funds;
- Hellman & Friedman on its acquisition of a stake in vehicle glass repair and replacement company Belron, which valued the company at €21 billion;
- Astorg on:
- the acquisition of Xceptor, a global leader in the end-to-end, no-code process automation market; and
- its strategic partnership with Corsair, by which Corsair made a significant minority investment in Xceptor;
- TA Associates on its investment in Söderberg & Partners;
- Ares on:
- the acquisition of the Exemplar Health Care Group, a U.K. provider of high-dependency nurse-led care for adults; and
- the acquisition of SLR Consulting from Charterhouse Capital Partners by way of private scheme of arrangement;
- Silver Lake, a global technology investment firm, on:
- its acquisition of a 33% stake in the Australian Professional Leagues, which operates the country’s top-flight men’s and women’s soccer leagues;
- its US$500 million strategic investment in City Football Club, the world’s leading private owner and operator of football clubs, and its acquisition of a further equity stake in City Football Group;
- portfolio company TEG’s investment alongside Providence Equity Partners in Ambassador Theatre Group; and
- its investment in New Zealand Rugby Union;
- Odyssey Investment Partners on their disposal of U.K.-based Tysers insurance brokers to Australian-listed AUB; and
- EQT on its acquisition of Casa.it, an Italy-based online real estate classifieds platform.
Prior to joining Skadden, Mr. McCarney spent several years practising at the London office of a U.S.-based international law firm.
- Legal Practice Course, Nottingham Law School, 2011
- G.D.L., Nottingham Law School, 2010
- B.Ec., Nottingham Trent University, 2009
- England & Wales