Ms. McElhaney has broad experience representing borrowers and lenders in complex real estate financial transactions, including capital market and bank syndicated loans, construction loans, originations, participations, multi-tranche loan structures, mezzanine loans, intercreditor agreements, reorganizations and workouts. Recent representations include:
- SL Green Realty Corp., as borrower, in connection with a $1.5 billion construction financing for One Vanderbilt Avenue in New York City;
- Simone Asset Management, as purchaser and lender, in connection with multiple mezzanine loans acquisitions;
- MSD Capital, as lender, in connection with a New York City construction loan;
- Deutsche Bank, as lender, in connection with multiple large loans; and
- Fortress Investment Group, as borrower, in connection with multiple loans and credit facilities.
In addition to her finance experience, Ms. McElhaney also has an active leasing practice. Her recent leasing transactions include representing:
- Brookfield Asset Management in connection with:
- a 600,000 rsf lease at One Manhattan West, New York City, with Ernst & Young; and
- a 187,000 rsf lease at The Lofts at Manhattan West, New York City, with Regus US;
- 2U in connection with:
- a full building lease for its international headquarters in suburban Washington, D.C.; and
- a lease for its regional office in Brooklyn, N.Y.;
- Sony USA in connection with its 600,000 rsf U.S. headquarters lease in New York City;
- Teach For America in connection with its 200,000 rsf headquarters lease in New York City; and
- Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, The Georgetown Company, S&P Global, The Financial Times, HedgeServ LLC and Indus Capital, as tenants, in connection with leases in New York City, Boston, Washington D.C., San Francisco and Princeton, N.J.
Ms. McElhaney also has significant experience representing clients in the acquisition, financing, development and disposition of office buildings, hotels, grocery stores, senior housing communities and data centers. Recent clients include Brookfield Asset Management (acquisition of Forest City Realty Trust), Simone Asset Management (sale of Washington Harbour, Washington, D.C.), HEI Hospitality LLC (multiple hotel acquisitions), Market Basket (shareholder acquisition), Sentinel Properties (disposition of data centers), S&P Global (disposition of data center and office properties), Chartwell Retirement Residences (disposition of senior living facilities) and Credit Suisse (disposition of the Gansevoort Hotel, Miami).