Joe Molosky is a lead associate of the Skadden team advising on matters related to cybersecurity, privacy and sensitive technology. He counsels clients on a variety of transactional and regulatory matters, including cross-border transactions, regulatory proceedings, and privacy and cybersecurity issues. Mr. Molosky’s practice focuses on national security reviews before the Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States (CFIUS), cybersecurity compliance and incident response, data privacy, national security and consumer protection issues, as well as internal and government investigations.
Mr. Molosky assists clients in obtaining clearances from CFIUS for mergers, acquisitions and investments, and advises clients on the potential national security risks of proposed transactions. He also assists in responding to data breaches and cybersecurity incidents, including representing clients in government investigations resulting from these incidents, as well as in advising on the adequacy of clients’ privacy and cybersecurity practices and the development of comprehensive privacy and cybersecurity programs.
Representative experience includes:
- Boston Dynamics, Inc. in Hyundai Motor Group’s acquisition of an 80% stake from SoftBank Group Corp.;
- SK hynix, Inc. in its $9 billion acquisition of the NAND memory and storage business of Intel Corporation;
- Centene Corporation in response to a cybersecurity attack on a vendor involving the exposure of confidential information belonging to members of the insurer Health Net, Inc., a subsidiary of Centene, and in a lawsuit against that vendor to recover damages from the incident;
- Mediant Communications Inc. in the forensic investigation and engagement with regulators in response to a cybersecurity incident;
- Bending Spoons S.p.A. in its $260 million bid to acquire Grindr LLC;
- Cavium, Inc. in its $6 billion acquisition by Marvell Technology Group Ltd.;
- DSV Panalpina A/S in its $4.2 billion acquisition of the Global Integrated Logistics business of Agility Public Warehousing Company K.S.C.P.;
- Hg 7 Fund in the sale of Sovos Compliance, LLC to Hg Saturn 2 Fund and TA Associates Management, L.P.;
- Toshiba America Energy Systems Corporation in its $40 million acquisition of the EtaPRO business of GP Strategies Corporation;
- Xilinx, Inc. in its $35 billion acquisition by Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.; and
- a Chinese technology company in connection with a CFIUS review of its acquisition of a social media app.
Mr. Molosky maintains an active pro bono practice, including representing individual clients in housing and property tax matters. He also serves on the Young Professionals Board of the Lawyers’ Committee for Better Housing.