Alyssa Musante represents clients in a wide array of complex civil litigation in state and federal courts, including cases involving securities litigation, tax reporting, trade secret misappropriation, contract disputes and fraud claims.
Representative matters include:
- the underwriting syndicate in securing a full dismissal with prejudice of a putative securities class action that alleged false or misleading statements concerning the initial public offering of a medical device company
- a national bank in a putative nationwide class action related to tax reporting
- a global cosmetics company in an action arising from its acquisition of a celebrity cosmetic brand, in which Ms. Musante assisted in successfully securing the denial of a third-party manufacturer’s attempt to obtain a temporary restraining order against the company
- Kinetic Concepts, Inc. (KCI), a provider of cutting-edge wound care products, in two False Claims Act cases brought by former employees alleging that KCI submitted false claims to Medicare
- Viking River Cruises in achieving a full dismissal with prejudice of a putative class action, including securing a post-dismissal settlement that required the plaintiffs to pay Viking’s attorneys’ fees
Ms. Musante also is committed to pro bono work, having represented individuals in matters ranging from immigration defense to medical malpractice. In addition, she regularly volunteers her time to support litigants through the California Court of Appeal Second District Appellate Self-Help Clinic. Prior to law school, Ms. Musante worked for the Environmental Protection Agency, where she coordinated the cleanup of hazardous waste sites throughout the southeast United States.