Yelena Nersesyan advises clients on joint ventures, acquisitions, dispositions, leasing, financing and refinancing of commercial real estate properties, including hotels, retail, industrial sites, office buildings and multifamily housing throughout the United States. Ms. Nersesyan also works with clients on real estate matters for corporate and restructuring transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, private equity investments and corporate finance.
Ms. Nersesyan’s representations (including those prior to joining Skadden) include:
- Raider Hill Advisors, LLC in its joint venture to acquire shopping centers;
- Landmark Healthcare Companies LLC in a $750 million transaction involving medical office buildings;
- Activision Blizzard Inc. in its pending $75 billion acquisition by Microsoft Corporation;
- Intel Corporation and Mobileye N.V. in the $861 million initial public offering of Mobileye;
- MGM Resorts International (MGM Resorts) in its $4.25 billion sale of the Bellagio to a joint venture MGM Resorts formed with Blackstone Real Estate Income Trust, and its leaseback of the Bellagio;
- J. Crew in connection with the company’s financial restructuring and modification of its leases;
- Fortress Investment Group in numerous real estate financing transactions;
- Chevron U.S.A. Inc. in its joint venture with Mercuria Energy Trading Inc. to acquire and operate American Natural Gas LLC; and
- KSL Capital Partners in a minority investment in Honors Holdings, a franchisee of Orangetheory Fitness.
Ms. Nersesyan is a member of the Central Park Conservancy Women’s Committee and the Co-Chair of the Armenian Bar Association Scholarship Committee. She was recognized as a 2019 Rising Star by the Armenian Bar Association.