Ida Nowaid represents public and private companies, private equity firms and financial institutions in a range of complex real estate matters across all asset classes. Ms. Nowaid’s practice includes portfolio and single-asset acquisitions, dispositions, joint ventures, REIT formations, financings, developments, sale/leasebacks, distressed asset workouts, and reorganizations and leases. Her clients include institutional investors, sovereign wealth funds, lenders, borrowers, buyers, sellers, landlords, tenants and developers.
Ms. Nowaid’s experience includes the representation of:
- Apartment Investment and Management Company in its reverse spin-off of a $10.4 billion portfolio of multifamily communities into Apartment Income REIT Corp.;
- Ivanhoe Cambridge, Inc. in its acquisition, for more than $3 billion, of IDI Logistics, LLC from Brookfield Asset Management Inc., which involved multiple lender negotiations and entry into a joint venture with Oxford Properties. This deal was included among Real Estate Forum’s The Best of 2018;
- Healthpeak Properties, Inc. in various transactions, including its spin-off of a $5.1 billion portfolio of senior living assets into Quality Care Property, Inc.;
- Fortress Investment Group in connection with the financing of a senior mortgage loan;
- a sovereign wealth fund in connection with numerous U.S. joint venture investments and fund investments, including the formation of a joint venture to acquire a portfolio of U.S. industrial facilities;
- André Balazs Properties in connection with the financing of the Chateau Marmont;
- a publicly traded health care REIT in numerous transactions, including:
- the formation of a $605 million joint venture with an institutional investor, which included the acquisition of a $285 million medical office portfolio; and
- its $350 million sale of a portfolio of senior living assets;
- a Los Angeles-based private equity company in connection with the formation of a joint venture and the related refinancing of a commercial and retail center;
- Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. in its sale of a portfolio of U.S. and European data center assets to DataBank Holdings, Ltd.;
- Platinum Equity Advisors, LLC in its concurrent acquisitions of the distribution business of California-headquartered Deluxe Entertainment Services Inc. and CineVizion; and
- Calera Capital in numerous transactions, including its acquisitions of majority stakes in Arnott, Inc. and ImageFIRST Healthcare Laundry Specialists, Inc.
She also has represented numerous other clients, including Brookdale Senior Living Inc., Brookfield Properties, Intel Corporation, LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton S.E., Oaktree Capital Management, L.P., QIC Limited, The RMR Group LLC and WeWork, in various acquisitions, dispositions, financings, joint ventures, leases and restructurings.
Ms. Nowaid is actively involved in Skadden’s training programs. She also maintains an active pro bono practice and has provided a variety of legal services, including real estate acquisitions, sales and leases, for Los Angeles-based nonprofit organizations. Additionally, she is a member of various community organizations, including the Laurel Canyon Association.