Ms. Okike has a broad range of experience across a number of industries, including automotive, sports, entertainment, retail, energy, real estate, financial institutions, transportation, travel, health care, printing, tax, media and telecommunications.
Ms. Okike was named as an Emerging Leader by The M&A Advisor in 2019 and recognized as an Outstanding Young Restructuring Lawyer by Turnarounds & Workouts in 2018. In 2017, Ms. Okike was inducted into the International Insolvency Institute NextGen Leadership Program, which is intended to recognize the most prominent Rising Stars in the international insolvency area. Ms. Okike also was selected in 2017 as an emerging leader in the American Bankruptcy Institute’s inaugural 40 Under 40 initiative.
Synergy Pharmaceuticals Inc. in its Chapter 11 restructuring and sale of substantially all of its assets to Bausch Health Companies Inc.;
- Excel Maritime Carriers, Ltd. in its Chapter 11 restructuring involving $1.1 billion of debt;
- DSW Group Inc. in its out-of-court restructuring involving more than $900 million of debt;
- Travelport Inc. in its out-of-court, cross-border restructuring involving $3.8 billion of debt;
- Jackson Hewitt Tax Services, Inc. in one of the only prearranged Chapter 11 cases to discharge statewide consumer class action litigation;
- Vertis Inc. in its prepackaged Chapter 11 restructuring of more than $700 million of debt;
- CIT Group, Inc. in its prepackaged Chapter 11 cases;
- Intrawest in its out-of-court, cross-border restructuring of $1.7 billion of debt; and
- a major news organization in its out-of-court restructuring.
- Key Safety Systems, Inc. in its $1.6 billion acquisition of substantially all of the non-PSAN inflator assets of Takata Corporation through cross-border restructuring proceedings in the U.S., Japan and Canada and out-of-court asset purchase transactions in Germany, China and Mexico;
- The National Hockey League in its acquisition of the Phoenix Coyotes; and
- DISH Network Corporation in its $1.4 billion acquisition of DBSD North America.
- BVK New York Retail LLC in the cross-border restructuring of AllSaints USA Ltd.;
- Callidus Capital Corporation in multiple transactions, including the restructuring of its secured loan to global automotive supplier JD Norman Industries, Inc.;
- Black Diamond Capital Management L.L.C., as the largest secured creditor, in the Chapter 11 cases of Harvey Gulf International Marine;
Salus Capital Partners LLC, a subsidiary of Harbinger Group Inc.,
as secured creditor in RadioShack’s Chapter 11 cases;
- Credit Suisse, as administrative agent, and the lender steering
committee comprised of Oaktree Capital Management, Strategic
Value Partners and Tennenbaum Capital Partners, in the out-of-court recapitalization of Hanley Wood, LLC;
- Ipsen Pharma SAS as lender, creditor, equity holder and seller of
certain proprietary drugs, in the Chapter 11 case of Inspiration
Biopharmaceuticals, Inc.; and
- The Yucaipa Companies in Barney’s out-of-court recapitalization.
- The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey in the Chapter
11 case of George Washington Bridge Bus Station Development
- Vitol Inc. and Vitol S.A. against claims brought by the Puerto Rico
Electric Power Company;
- the joint official liquidators of Vantage Drilling Company on U.S.
legal issues related to the company’s Cayman Islands insolvency
- Walnut Creek Mining Company, a wholly owned subsidiary of
Kiewit Mining Group, Inc., in the Chapter 11 case of Optim
- a major financial institution in formulating its resolution plan
under the Dodd Frank Act; and
- The Mount Sinai Hospital in the Chapter 11 case of
Ms. Okike serves on Skadden’s Policy Committee, the firm’s
governing body, as well as the firm’s Hiring, Summer Associate and
Pro Bono committees. She also is a member of the Committee on
Bankruptcy and Corporate Reorganization of the New York City Bar
Association. Ms. Okike represents a number of nonprofit organizations and individuals on a pro bono basis and sits on the board
of directors of Lawyers Alliance for New York, the junior advisory
board of Her Justice and the advisory board of Legal Outreach.