Ms. Okike has a broad range of experience across a number of industries, including automotive, sports, entertainment, retail, energy, real estate, financial institutions, transportation, travel, health care, printing, tax, media and telecommunications.
Ms. Okike was named as an Outstanding Young Restructuring Lawyer by Turnarounds & Workouts in 2018. In 2017, Ms. Okike was inducted into the International Insolvency Institute NextGen Leadership Program, which is intended to recognize the most prominent Rising Stars in the international insolvency area. Ms. Okike also was selected in 2017 as an emerging leader in the American Bankruptcy Institute’s inaugural 40 Under 40 initiative.
- Synergy Pharmaceuticals Inc. in its Chapter 11 restructuring and sale of substantially all of its assets to Bausch Health Companies Inc.;
- Excel Maritime Carriers, Ltd. in its Chapter 11 restructuring involving $1.1 billion of debt;
- DSW Group Inc. in its out-of-court restructuring involving more than $900 million of debt;
- Travelport Inc. in its out-of-court, cross-border restructuring involving $3.8 billion of debt;
- Jackson Hewitt Tax Services, Inc. in one of the only prearranged Chapter 11 cases to discharge statewide consumer class action litigation;
- Vertis Inc. in its prepackaged Chapter 11 restructuring of more than $700 million of debt;
- CIT Group, Inc. in its prepackaged Chapter 11 cases;
- Intrawest in its out-of-court, cross-border restructuring of $1.7 billion of debt; and
- a major news organization in its out-of-court restructuring.
- Key Safety Systems, Inc. in its $1.6 billion acquisition of substantially all of the non-PSAN inflator assets of Takata Corporation through cross-border restructuring proceedings in the U.S., Japan and Canada and out-of-court asset purchase transactions in Germany, China and Mexico;
- The National Hockey League in its acquisition of the Phoenix Coyotes; and
- DISH Network Corporation in its $1.4 billion acquisition of DBSD North America.
- Black Diamond Capital Management L.L.C., as the largest secured creditor, in the Chapter 11 cases of Harvey Gulf International Marine;
- Salus Capital Partners LLC, a subsidiary of Harbinger Group Inc., as secured creditor in RadioShack’s Chapter 11 cases;
- Credit Suisse, as administrative agent, and the lender steering committee comprised of Oaktree Capital Management, Strategic Value Partners and Tennenbaum Capital Partners, in the out-of-court recapitalization of Hanley Wood, LLC;
- Ipsen Pharma SAS as lender, creditor, equity holder and seller of certain proprietary drugs, in the Chapter 11 case of Inspiration Biopharmaceuticals, Inc.; and
- The Yucaipa Companies in Barney’s out-of-court recapitalization.
- Walnut Creek Mining Company, a wholly owned subsidiary of Kiewit Mining Group, Inc., in the Chapter 11 case of Optim Energy, LLC;
- a major financial institution in formulating its resolution plan under the Dodd Frank Act; and
- The Mount Sinai Hospital in the Chapter 11 case of North General.
Ms. Okike is a member of the Committee on Bankruptcy and Corporate Reorganization of the New York City Bar Association. She also serves on the firm’s Women’s Affinity Group Steering Committee and Summer Associate Committee. She also represents a number of nonprofit organizations and individuals on a pro bono basis and sits on the junior advisory board of Her Justice.