Nicholas J. Olson advises public and private financial institutions in mergers, acquisitions, dispositions, minority investments, restructurings and other complex corporate transactions.
Mr. Olson has represented clients in many significant U.S. and cross-border transactions, including:
- BlackRock in its acquisition of Citigroup’s Mexican asset management business;
- Vantiv in its $12 billion merger with Worldpay;
- Tennenbaum Capital Partners in its acquisition by BlackRock;
- Eurazeo in its acquisition of a minority interest in private equity manager Rhône Group;
- American Capital in its merger with Ares Capital and in the sale of American Capital Mortgage Management to American Capital Agency;
- Raymond James Financial in the acquisition of the Private Client Services business of Deutsche Bank Securities (the legacy business of Alex. Brown);
- DST Systems/ALPS Advisors in its acquisition of Red Rocks Capital; and
- John Hancock Retirement Plan Services in its acquisition of the retirement plan services business of New York Life Investment Management.
Mr. Olson’s practice also involves the structuring of compensation, retention and equity ownership arrangements for asset management and other financial services firms and their principals. He also advises clients in connection with corporate governance and compliance matters.