David S. Passes
David Passes represents private equity funds, corporations, investment banks and commercial banks in connection with acquisition financings, leveraged buyouts, bridge loans, asset-based loans, corporate recapitalizations, first and second-lien financings, investment-grade financings, and other types of U.S. and international financings.
Mr. Passes’ practice extends across a wide range of industries. Notable representations include:
- Elon Musk in connection with $13 billion of secured debt financing facilities related to his $44 billion acquisition of Twitter
- Adtalem Global Education Inc. in a new credit agreement that provided for $850 million of senior secured term B loans and a $400 million revolving credit facility to finance its acquisition of Walden e-Learning, LLC from Laureate Education, Inc.
- Entegris, Inc. in connection with $3 billion of secured debt financing related to its acquisition of CMC Materials, Inc.
- Corporation Service Company in connection with secured debt financing related to its $2 billion acquisition of Intertrust N.V.
- JAB Holding Company in connection with:
- a $3 billion credit facility related to its $7.5 billion acquisition of Panera Bread
- a $2.8 billion credit facility related to its acquisition of National Veterinary Associates from Ares Management
- a $495 million credit facility to support its acquisition of Compassion-First Pet Hospitals from Quad-C Management Inc.
- a $500 million credit facility related to its $1.35 billion acquisition of Krispy Kreme Doughnuts
- a $2.4 billion unsecured credit facility to finance the acquisition of Dr Pepper Snapple by its portfolio company Keurig Green Mountain
- Veritas Capital in connection with the financings of:
- its $2.8 billion acquisition of Cubic Corp.
- Verscend Technologies, Inc. $4.9 billion acquisition of Cotiviti Holdings, Inc.
- its $700 million acquisition of the capital services business of Chicago Bridge & Iron Company N.V.
- its acquisitions of Anaren, Onsolve, StandardAero and Abaco Systems
- Hg Capital in connection with the financings related to its acquisitions of Litera Microsystems, Intelerad and Caseware International
- Centene Corp. in connection with loan facilities related to its acquisitions of Health Net, Inc. and Well Care Health Plans, Inc.
- DowDuPont Inc. in the financings related to its spin-off and reorganization
- Cava Group in the financing for its acquisition of Zoe’s Kitchen
- J.D., Brooklyn Law School, 2013 (summa cum laude)
- B.A., State University of New York, Binghamton, 2010 (cum laude)
- New York
David S. Passes