Marcos Perales counsels strategic investors and financial sponsors on cross-border transactions, including public and private mergers and acquisitions.
Mr. Perales’ representations include advising:
- RMG Acquisition Corp III on its US$750 million merger with H2B2 Electrolysis Technologies, Inc. (Spain). As a result of the merger, H2B2 will become a publicly traded company
- Wejo Group Limited, a Nasdaq-listed leader in smart mobility, on its proposed business
combination with TKB Critical Technologies 1, a Nasdaq-listed special purpose acquisition
- RMG Acquisition Corp II on its US$8 billion business combination with ReNew Power,
India’s leading renewable power company. This was the first-ever de-SPAC transaction
involving an Indian company
- Adevinta ASA on its:
- US$9.2 billion acquisition of eBay Classifieds Group from eBay Inc.
- sale of Gumtree UK and Motors.co.uk to a consortium consisting of O3 Industries and Novum Capital
- Coty Inc. on its strategic partnership with KKR & Co. Inc., including the carve-out sale of
60% of its professional beauty and retail hair businesses to KKR with an enterprise value
of US$4.3 billion
- Black Diamond Capital Management, L.L.C., along with InvestIndustrial, on their $425
million acquisition of the phenolic specialty resin, hexamine and European forest products
resins businesses of Hexion Inc.
- Atlantica Sustainable Infrastructure plc on its:
- US$400 million Rule 144A/Regulation S high-yield offering of 4.125% green senior notes due 2028
- US$300 million equity financing through an SEC-registered offering of ordinary shares and a concurrent private placement
- US$115 million Rule 144A offering of 4.00% green exchangeable senior notes due 2025
Prior to joining Skadden, Mr. Perales spent several years practicing at a major Spanish law firm in Madrid, Barcelona and London.