Zizi Petkova advises public and private companies on U.S. and cross-border corporate
matters, including acquisitions and dispositions, strategic investments, joint ventures,
restructurings, spin-offs, stockholder activism and corporate governance matters. Ms.
Petkova has represented clients across a variety of industries, including consumer products,
health care and life sciences, aerospace and technology.
Selected examples of Ms. Petkova’s representations include:
- GX Acquisition Corp. II in its $313.5 million initial business combination with NioCorp
- Mars, Incorporated in its:
- acquisition of Champion Petfoods
- reorganization to combine its chocolate and Wrigley segments to create Mars Wrigley
- Triumph Group Inc. in a variety of transactions, including its:
- settlement with activist stockholder Vision One Management Partners, LP
- sale of operations and assets relating to its Global 7500 wing manufacturing program to
- Kaman Corporation in a variety of transactions, including its:
- strategic business partnership with PHI Aviation LLC
- investment in, and strategic business partnership with, Near Earth Autonomy, Inc.
- $330 million acquisition of Bal Seal Engineering, Inc.
- KAR Auction Services, Inc. in a variety of transactions, including its:
- $2.2 billion sale of its ADESA US physical auction business to Carvana
- spin-off of IAA, Inc., its salvage auction vehicle business
- Danaher Corporation in its acquisitions of Nature Technology Corporation and Intabio, Inc.
- VYNE Therapeutics, Inc. in its sale of its Molecule Stabilizing Technology franchise to
Journey Medical Corporation
- Osprey Technology Acquisition Corp. in its $1.1 billion initial business combination with
BlackSky Holdings, Inc.
- Perella Weinberg Partners in its $975 million business combination with FinTech Acquisition
Corp. IV (sponsored by Betsy and Daniel Cohen)
- Kelso & Company in its investment in Foundation Consumer Brands in connection
with the acquisition of seven brands, including Breathe Right Nasal Strips, from GSK
- Norwest Equity Partners in its acquisition of Clover Imaging Group
- Coty Inc. in its $600 million acquisition of a controlling stake in Kylie Jenner’s cosmetics
- Veritas Capital in its $700 million acquisition of the capital services business of Chicago
Bridge & Iron Company N.V.
Ms. Petkova also has assisted pro bono clients with M&A, entrepreneurship and immigration
matters, and is actively engaged in Skadden’s recruiting, training and summer associate programs.