Lance Phillips joined Skadden’s Corporate Group in 2010. His practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions; controlling and noncontrolling equity transfers; corporate finance; SEC and other regulatory compliance matters; shareholder activism; and corporate governance. In connection with these matters, Mr. Phillips has represented a diverse range of clients. In the M&A context, he has been on both the buy-side and sell-side of transactions that have employed a variety of transaction structures. Mr. Phillips’ M&A representations include, among others:
- Colfax Corporation in the sale of its fluid handling business to CIRCOR International, Inc. for aggregate consideration of $863 million;
- Rockwell Collins, Inc. in its pending $30 billion acquisition by United Technologies Corporation;
- the minority holders of Oncor Electric Delivery Company LLC in the proposed $2.4 billion sale of their interest to NextEra Energy, Inc.;
- The Middleby Corporation in various transactions, including the acquisitions of AGA Rangemaster Group plc; Lynx Grills, Inc.; Follett Corporation; Burford Corporation; and CVP Systems, Inc.;
- OAO Severstal in the sale of its Severstal Columbus and Severstal Dearborn steelmaking facilities to Steel Dynamics Inc. and AK Steel Corporation, respectively, for $2.3 billion;
- WEC Energy Group, Inc. in various transactions, including its $5.7 billion acquisition of Integrys Energy Group, Inc.;
- Visteon Corporation in the:
- $3.6 billion sale of its 70 percent interest in Halla Visteon Climate Control Corp. to an affiliate of Hahn & Company and Hankook Tire Co., Ltd.; and
- restructuring of its interests in various Chinese automobile interiors and electronics joint ventures in a series of transactions valued at $1.5 billion;
- Safety-Kleen, Inc. in its $1.25 billion sale to Clean Harbors, Inc.;
- CME Group Inc. in its contribution of the Dow Jones family of indices to a joint venture with The McGraw-Hill Companies valued at $3 billion, to which The McGraw-Hill Companies contributed the S&P family of indices;
- Exelon Corporation in its $7.9 billion acquisition of Constellation Energy Group, Inc.; and
- Stryker Corporation in its $316 million acquisition of Orthovita, Inc.
Mr. Phillips also advises clients in financing transactions in the public and private capital markets.