Mr. Pincus has extensive experience advising clients and other lawyers in the firm on Delaware law aspects of transactions and fiduciary duty and corporate governance matters.
Representations and transactions include:
- BioClinica Inc. in its proposed acquisition by Cinven;
- Builders First Source, Inc. in the acquisition of ProBuild Holdings from Fidelity Investments;
- Corporation Service Company in numerous acquisitions;
- DPx Holdings, Inc. in the acquisition of the minority interest in Patheon Inc. and the concurrent contribution of Royal DSM’s pharmaceutical business;
- Hayes Lemmerz International, Inc. in its $725 million acquisition by Iochpe Holdings LLC, the North American subsidiary of Iochpe-Maxion S.A., a Brazilian wheels and chassis maker;
- HealthSouth Corporation in the acquisitions of 11 rehabilitation hospitals from Reliant Health Partners and in the acquisition of Encompass Home Healthcare business;
- Leidos Holdings, Inc. in its acquisition of Lockheed Martin’s Information Systems & Global Solutions segment in a Reverse Morris Trust transaction;
- OSI Pharmaceuticals in connection with an unsolicited offer by, and ultimate sale to, Astellas Pharma Inc.;
- Wilmington Trust Corporation in its merger with M&T Bank Corporation; and
- Windstream Corporation in its $2.3 billion acquisition of PAETEC Holding Corp. and in the spin-off of certain of its telecommunications network assets into Communications Sales & Leasing, Inc., a publicly traded REIT.
Additionally, Mr. Pincus has represented JLL Partners in connection with numerous acquisitions, dispositions and recapitalizations, including its acquisition of majority interests in Aviation Technical Services; BioClinica, Inc.; CHI Overhead Doors, Inc.; CoreLab Partners, Inc; First Community Bancorp; J.G. Wentworth; McKechnie Aerospace; PGT Industries; Patheon Incorporated; Pioneer Landscaping; and Point Blank Industries. He also has advised a large number of JLL portfolio companies in various transactions, including numerous follow-on acquisitions by Builders First Source, DPx Holdings, BioCore Holdings and Loar Group Inc. Mr. Pincus also has assisted a number of corporations in connection with the corporate aspects of financial restructurings, including HealthSouth Corporation and Hayes Lemmerz International Corporation. Additionally, Mr. Pincus was named as the court-appointed custodian by the Delaware Court of Chancery to oversee the sale of translation services firm TransPerfect Global Inc.
Mr. Pincus leads the corporate practice in the firm’s Wilmington, Delaware, office, where he is based. He repeatedly has been selected for inclusion in Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business and The Best Lawyers in America. Mr. Pincus also was selected as a 2015 “BTI Client Service All-Star” by The BTI Consulting Group for providing outstanding client service.