Elisabeth K. Press concentrates her practice in the areas of mergers and acquisitions, securities law and general corporate matters.
Ms. Press has represented acquirers, targets and private equity funds in significant transactions, including public and private acquisitions and divestitures, auctions and joint ventures. She also advises companies on securities law and corporate governance matters.
Her significant representations include, among others:
Wendel SE and its portfolio company AlliedBarton Security Services LLC in AlliedBarton’s merger with Warburg Pincus-backed Universal Services of America, Inc.;
Centene Corporation in its acquisition of MHM Services, Inc.;
Helmerich & Payne, Inc. in its acquisitions of drilling technology companies MOTIVE Drilling Technologies, Inc. and Magnetic Variation Services, LLC; and
Alexander & Baldwin, Inc. in its conversion to a real estate investment trust.
- Brookfield Asset Management, Inc. in its $6.8 billion acquisition of Forest City Realty Trust Inc.;
- Gannett Co., Inc. in its:
- pending $1.4 billion acquisition by New Media Investment Group Inc.;
- proposed, but terminated, unsolicited acquisition of Tribune Publishing Company; and
- $165 million acquisition of ReachLocal, Inc. in a tender offer;