Emily Prezioso Walsh concentrates her practice in the areas of mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance and general corporate and securities matters.
Select representations include:
- Duke Energy Corporation in the:
- $2.05 billion sale of a 19.9% stake in Duke Energy Indiana to a Singaporean sovereign wealth fund; and
- sale of its South and Central American power operations in two transactions totaling $2.4 billion: the $1.2 billion sale of its Brazilian business to China Three Gorges Corporation and the $1.2 billion sale of its international businesses in Peru, Chile, Ecuador, Guatemala, El Salvador and Argentina to I Squared Capital Advisors. This transaction was named Latin America Power M&A Deal of the Year by Power Finance & Risk and Cross-Border M&A Deal of the Year by LatinFinance;
- PPL Corporation in the:
- $10.8 billion sale of its U.K. utility business, Western Power Distribution Plc, to National Grid; and
- $3.8 billion acquisition of The Narragansett Electric Company from National Grid;
- The AES Corporation and Alberta Investment Management Corporation (AIMCo) in their acquisition of sPower from Fir Tree Partners and its minority owners, for approximately $1.6 billion (enterprise value). This transaction was named North America M&A Deal of the Year by Power Finance & Risk;
- AIA Energy North America, LLC, an infrastructure fund, in connection with its acquisition of the entities that own the Cross-Sound Cable System from affiliates of Brookfield Asset Management;
- Entergy Corporation in connection with its agreement to sell Entergy Nuclear Vermont Yankee LLC, the owner of the shuttered Vermont Yankee Nuclear Power Station, to NorthStar Holdings;
- Helmerich & Payne, Inc., an international drilling contractor, in an offering by its wholly owned subsidiary, Helmerich & Payne International Drilling Co., of $500 million aggregate principal amount of 4.65% senior notes due 2025 pursuant to Rule 144A and Regulation S under the Securities Act, and in its follow-on exchange offer; and
- Genesis Healthcare, Inc. in its combination with Skilled Healthcare Group, Inc.
In the areas of general corporate and securities matters, Ms. Walsh advises clients on securities law compliance, corporate governance matters, disclosure issues and matters concerning annual meetings and proxy statements.
Ms. Walsh was recognized as a 2022 DC Rising Star by The National Law Journal and as one of Best Lawyers’ 2023 Ones to Watch in America.
- J.D., Georgetown University Law Center, 2014 (cum laude)
- B.A., Wake Forest University, 2011 (summa cum laude; Phi Beta Kappa)
- District of Columbia