Raphaella Ricciardi has acted as counsel in a variety of corporate restructuring transactions in the U.K. and other international jurisdictions. Her experience extends across a range of industry sectors, including finance and banking, energy, shipping and retail.
Ms. Ricciardi’s representative matters include, among others:
- acting for an ad hoc group of noteholders of Avation PLC in a bond restructuring
Her matters from prior to joining Skadden include:
- acting for the unsecured creditors’ committee in the Chapter 11 and Chapter 15 cases of Abengoa, a multinational renewable energy company with over US$9 billion in debt
- acting for U.S. Bank as trustee regarding the multibillion-dollar restructurings of Puerto Rico’s debt, involving over US$10 billion in debt issued by various Puerto Rican public corporations
- acting for a major creditor on the official committee of unsecured creditors in the Chapter 11 proceedings of Seadrill
- acting for a global financial institution in the US$6 billion Canadian, U.S. and Colombian restructuring of PEPCO, Colombia’s largest oil and gas E&P company
Ms. Ricciardi also assists on a variety of pro bono projects, including counseling Habitat for Humanity in collaboration with the NYU School of Law’s International Transactions Clinic. In recognition of her work in corporate law, she was named one of Best Lawyers’ 2023 Ones To Watch.